Shipping a camper to Central Asia

Post your itinerary questions and trip reports here
French overlander

Shipping a camper to Central Asia

Post by French overlander »

Dear All,

We have been traveling across Georgia and Armenia last summer with the idea to cross the Caspian Sea and to continue our journey to Central Asia. Unfortunately , as anybody knows, impossible to get to AZ by private car. We want to continue our journey and go to Central Asia next summer. I am wondering if shipping our car from France to Almaty is a stupid idea. Of course it will cost some money but save a lot of time. From the most experienced overlander, I will appreciate your opinion.
1 x

Ian Sp

Re: Shipping a camper to Central Asia

Post by Ian Sp »

I have seen references to various "overlanders" sites but couldn't locate them. If you can track down the site they post their blogs to you could post something there, there is even a page which list places they can camp free in some really amazing places on their trips across the world. this is one https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/ but try googling "overlanders forum" or overlanders blog
Ian from Austalia
0 x

Ian Sp

Post by Ian Sp »

sorry as i posted the reply i just saw my statement that i couldn't find the sites, which was a mistake. I did find them as shown in my text
0 x

Traveller

Post by Traveller »

It seems to be possible to ship the car from Georgia to Azerbaijan and then fly in. Or going from Armenia via Iran to Turkmenistan.
0 x