UK to The Stans - leaving April

Post your itinerary questions and trip reports here
Koen

Re: UK to The Stans - leaving April

Post by Koen »

The option via agent sounds like lots of things can go wrong and ofcourse it's pricey already.
Wondering if route is possible via Afghanistan...
0 x
Rollingdutchman @ instagram

Susetterosso

Post by Susetterosso »

I introduce myself. I'm Suso. Spanish. And also in this year I plan to get closer to the Stans. The dates I have are from May 16 to July 16. My intention is to leave La Coruña (Spain) on the 16th... and trust that the bike can withstand a round trip to Kyrgyzstan. If she and I are capable (I've never done anything like this, and the bike looks like a ratbike...), our itinerary would be Spain-Italy-Greece-Turkey-Georgia-Russia-Kazakhstan-Uzbekistan-Tajikistan-Kyrgyzstan-Kazakhstan-Russia -Latvia-Poland-Germany-France-Spain. I pray that I can reach at least as far as Barcelona, hahahahahahahaha...
At first I was thinking of going through Iran-Turkmenistan-Uzbekistan, but given the refusal of the Turkmenistan embassy in Berlin to provide me with a transit or even tourist visa, I am forced not to risk it, and go around the Caspian Sea for the North.
I don't speak English and much less other languages. Let's see what happens!!!
1 x

IronChris

Post by IronChris »

Suso: Man, I once spent three months somewhere in between cap de Creus, Valladolid and Fisterra, so seems like you have another tempo than me :D
But I like the see-what-happens-attitude!
0 x

Susetterosso

Post by Susetterosso »

8-) hehe... Yes... I'm trying to show a positive attitude towards my wife and son :mrgreen:
0 x

Sefti

Post by Sefti »

Just an update for anyone trying to find a route to the stans with Azerbaijan overland borders closed.

I’ve used a visa agency in the UK and been able to get a multiple entry Russian visa valid for six months from the date you give. This of course also opens the way to Mongolia.

happy days :)
3 x

guy.brush

Post by guy.brush »

2 riders here, leaving from Switzerland in April!
2 x

Flying_Gate

Post by Flying_Gate »

Yes!

But by bicycle, so the flight from Tblisi to Aktau is not so bad as getting a motorcycle shipped.

Setting off April 2nd
0 x

IronChris

Post by IronChris »

Yesss bicicle may be mutch easier to handle. What airline do you take to Aktau?
0 x

phill H

Post by phill H »

HI Sefti

which visa agency did you use ? are you travelling on a uk passport? what was the cost?

myself and a mate are leaving the UK on 3-4-23 to try to get to mongolia by motobike but not sure about transiting Russia, hoping that AZ opens its borders

didthe whats app group get set up? ifso would like to join in

cheers and good travels
phill
1 x

MikeTheLiid

Post by MikeTheLiid »

I'm also attempting a similar 4/5 month journey leaving in April from UK. Going to follow the thread and will leave any updates
1 x