Trip to the Stans in Oct-Nov?

Post your itinerary questions and trip reports here
Manneyus

Post by Manneyus »

Hi all! Travelling to Central Asia has been on my bucket list for some time, and this year I managed to take 16 days off work with a friend to got to the Stans.

The plan is to fly to Almaty on the 21th October, see Kyrgyzstan and then Uzbekistan, then come back in the beginning of November. The problem is that I've learned that hiking is not really possible in Kyrgyzstan in the fall, which I really wanted to do.

My question is: is it really impossible to do any hiking that time? If so, are the enough other things to do in the fall in Kyrgyzstan? I heard that Uzbekistan is good to visit that time of the year.

The problem is that we can't really reschedule, so either we go, or abandon the plan and come to the Stans maybe some other year.
0 x

Lagerfeld

Post by Lagerfeld »

Manneyu wrote: . . . and this year I managed to take 16 days off work with a friend to got to the Stans.
Are you sure you want visit 3 countries in 16 days? This is a very short time, i would recommend to reduce this to 2 countries: KZ & UZ. From Almaty you can take a night bus to Taschkent for ex.

Have a nice trip!
0 x

Manneyus

Re: Trip to the Stans in Oct-Nov?

Post by Manneyus »

Lagerfeld wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:20 am
Manneyu wrote: . . . and this year I managed to take 16 days off work with a friend to got to the Stans.
Are you sure you want visit 3 countries in 16 days? This is a very short time, i would recommend to reduce this to 2 countries: KZ & UZ. From Almaty you can take a night bus to Taschkent for ex.

Have a nice trip!
In Kazakhstan, I would only look around Almaty and the Charyn canyon. I wanted to see Kyrgyzstan more, so I was planning to visit 2,5 countries. I'm not sure if I ever have the chance to come back again, so I want to see the most I can. Is Kyrgyzstan out of question if I travel in October?
0 x