Photo series Kazakhstan - Kyrgyzstan - Uzbekistan (July 2023)

Post your itinerary questions and trip reports here
jvz

Photo series Kazakhstan - Kyrgyzstan - Uzbekistan (July 2023)

Post by jvz »

Hi fellow travellers,

Past July, I travelled through Central Asia for a month. This website has really made my research a lot easier. Thank you for the great help.

Here's a selection of the pictures I took along the road. My focus was mainly on people and daily life.

https://central-asia-july-2023.webflow.io

Pictures, mostly in non-chronological order, are taken in Kazakhstan (Astana, Karaganda, Shakhtinsk, Temirtau, Turkestan, Shymkent, Taraz, Almaty), Kyrgyzstan (Bishkek, Karakol, Jyrgalan) and Uzbekistan (Tashkent, Samarkand).

Hopefully, they can inspire you to visit the region and meet its incredibly hospitable people.

It's my first real travel series, so I welcome any feedback you might have.

Cheers, Jan
1 x

Ian Sp

Re: Photo series Kazakhstan - Kyrgyzstan - Uzbekistan (July 2023)

Post by Ian Sp »

Hi Jan,
great photos. Taking photos like this in the Stans' captures the spirit of the region. Anyone can take a selfie or a photo of the Eiffel Tower, but it is a skill to capture the people who make a trip. I was there from April to June and had the same approach to photography, but possibly not as consistently good as yours. I loved how genuinely welcoming and hospitable the people in the region were. Almost to the level I experienced in Iran. All the best and who knows, I may bump into you on the road somewhere.
Ian
0 x