Bulgarian vehicle registration to coporation, problems?

Post your itinerary questions and trip reports here
viktor.de.lata

Bulgarian vehicle registration to coporation, problems?

Post by viktor.de.lata »

Hello! Im gearing up for a Eurasian drive (may 2024) and I’m planning to purchase and register a car in Bulgaria - as a foreigner (im from USA), I will be able to create/own a Bulgarian corporation and register the car to the corporation.

Im curious if there may be problems bringing a car technically registered to a corporation (which I would own) and not me personally into various countries. Does any one have experience / knowledge regarding this?

Thanks for your help!

Countries in question: Turkey, Georgia, Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan (and various EU).
0 x

Roadtophnompenh

Re: Bulgarian vehicle registration to coporation, problems?

Post by Roadtophnompenh »

I had last year exactly the same problem with my belgian car. It was registered on my companys name wherefrom i am also 100% owner. Asked around and nobody really could answer the question. I did re-register it to my own private name to avoid trouble everywhere. I have a belgian friend who lives in bulgaria and he has a companys car also. He often goes for bussiness to Turkey and he needs a kind of "power of attorney" from his company, to himself, and signed by himself twice. When i arrived at Kapikule border, some stupid Turkish customs-woman thought mycar was also a companys car, and sended me to secundairy control (where you can lose hours), but the next checking guy then saw it wasnt a companys car, and i was in Turkey 5 minutes later ( the border took me all together 30 minutes both sides included. This was september 2022 !!
0 x

viktor.de.lata

Re: Bulgarian vehicle registration to coporation, problems?

Post by viktor.de.lata »

Roadtophnompenh wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:58 am
He often goes for bussiness to Turkey and he needs a kind of "power of attorney" from his company, to himself, and signed by himself twice.
Hmm, this is interesting. I will look into it - thanks!

Im also thinking of naming the corporation i form in Bulgarian as my exact name (i hope this is possible). It could be confusing, but i feel like it may be just enough to help haha!
0 x