Transmongolian Railway from Ulan Bator to Moscow

Post your itinerary questions and trip reports here
carusopascoski

Transmongolian Railway from Ulan Bator to Moscow

Post by carusopascoski »

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum because I discovered this website just yesterday, a true treasure to me.
We're Luca and Francesca from Italy, we're travelling Asia for one year. Starting from India, then Nepal, Burma, Thai, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam. Just land crossing, except for two flights.
That's our short story.

We'd like to come back home through Transmongolian Railway until Moscow (then an easy way back through Poland and Germany), starting from Ulan Bator in late october and reaching Moscow into the first 10 days of november.
That's our plan, and dream...

Our only worries are those about the visa request from a third country. So we're going to ask Mongolian visa in Bejing (apparently ok, am i right?) and Russian in Ulan Bator (I just read a post from a Czech traveller saying was ok, anyone could confirm? Any tips more?).
Does the plan sounds possible to you? Am I planning something wrong? Are there upcoming news about visas I need I did not notice?
That's our worries, sorry!

Then, I'd like to ask you any suggestion about the route, really any you think could be great or just useful to us.
Thanks to anyone want to spend a few minutes reading and helping us.
Greetings from around Asia
Luca & Francesca
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Transmongolian Railway from Ulan Bator to Moscow

Post by steven »

Hi L & F,

I think the plan sounds ok, I don't think you have another option anyway. I don't know Russia well so cannot advise on a route, but visa-wise it seems possible now.

Good luck and enjoy the trip!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

TomasS

Re: Transmongolian Railway from Ulan Bator to Moscow

Post by TomasS »

I heard from russian travellers that Kazan is worth to stop, i will travel Omsk, Irkuts, Ulan Ude, Darkhan, Ulanbaator in next weeks, so than can let you know
0 x