[Trip Report] 6 months trip through Turkey, The Caucasus, Iran and Central Asia

Post your itinerary questions and trip reports here
labandajuan

[Trip Report] 6 months trip through Turkey, The Caucasus, Iran and Central Asia

Post by labandajuan »

Hi everybody!
My girlfriend and I have just finished our 6 months trip through Turkey, The Caucasus, Iran and Central Asia. It was absolutely amazing :) :) :)

I want to share with you our experience, emphasizing our route, which allowed us to avoid extreme temperatures and enjoy the most of each place.

This was our route:

- Flight from Barcelona (Spain) to Tehran (Iran) on May 8th.

- Iran | 32 days.
From Tehran we took a night train to Shiraz and then (after visiting Kaluts Desert) we started going north. That's how we avoided hot temperatures. It was absolutely bearable.

- Azerbaijan | 12 days.
We took a night bus from Tabriz (Iran) to Baku (Azerbaijan) to cross the border.
- Armenia | 12 days. We had to go first to Georgia because there aren't any open borders between Azerbaijan and Armenia.
- Georgia | 27 days

It was late spring / early summer when we visit the Caucasus. As it's full of mountains, the weather was pretty good, so we could walk in the cities and also we could do many trekkings.

- Turkey | 38 days.
We could walk a lot in Capadoccia and also had great time at the beach.

- Flight from Istanbul (Turkey) to Dushanbe (Tajikistan) on September 6th.

- Tajikistan | 16 days
Temperature was absolutely bearable in cities and we could enjoy Fann Mountains, Wakhan Valley and Pamir Highway :)

- Kyrgyzstan | 25 days
I have to admit that it was a little bit cold, but we could sleep in yurts (twice) and also did some horse trekking. We could reach Song Kol Lake also.

- Kazakhstan | 12 days
We only visited Almaty, Kolsay Lakes & Kaindy Lake, Charyn Canyon and Shymkent.

- Uzbekistan | 17 days
We were there in late October / early November, so it was perfect to walk in cities.

Just in case if you want to check our route you can see this Tripline: https://www.tripline.net/trip/Viajando_ ... 9AFE38C518

If anybody has any question, don't hesitate to write!

Bests!
3 x