Itinerary help needed for Kyrgistan and Tajikistan

Post your itinerary questions and trip reports here
dnurick

Itinerary help needed for Kyrgistan and Tajikistan

Postby dnurick » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:15 pm

Hello everyone!
I have done a ton of research but st this point I’m really stuck and looking for some advice. I will have 5 weeks in Kyrgistan and Tajikistan in April and start of May. I am coming from Tashkent. I am hoping to do the Pamir highway, and I know this is best when it’s warmer. Additionally flights home are the cheapest from Bishkek. I was thinking to go from Tashkent via Fermanagh valley to Osh, then to Bishkek via Aranslob and a few other places, and after Bishkek song kul, Issy kul, and a few other places, then return to osh. From osh I would hopefully meet people to do Pamir highway with, and then have maybe 10 days more to see more of Tajikistan and Dushanbe. From Dushanbe I would probably need to get to Tashkent for a cheaper flight, or back to Bishkek. I really don’t know if this makes sense, or if anyone has any better ideas?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Itinerary help needed for Kyrgistan and Tajikistan

Postby steven » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:58 pm

Quick question: are you also planning to visit Uzbekistan? Caus if you are not , it does not make a lot of sense to arrive in Tashkent.

To avoid a lot of backtracking, and seeing you are coming from Tashkent, I would do the Pamir Hway first. Yes, it's gonna be cold, and it might be a bit warmer a few weeks later, but don't expect Kyrgyzstan to be sweltering at this point. In any case, it makes a lot of sense from an itinerary point of view.

So then you would go: Tashkent - Samarkand/Khujand - Dushanbe - Khorog - Osh - Arslanbob - Bishkek - Issyk-Kul - Song Kul - Bishkek and fly out from there.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

dnurick

Postby dnurick » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:45 am

Hi, thanks so much!
Yes I will be coming from Uzbekistan after having spent 3 weeks here. The only reason I thought about coming back to Tashkent is because the flights from there were much cheaper than from Dushanbe. I’m just a little worried about accommodation on the highway, because I have very little cold weather clothing as I’ve just come from 7 months in India and Southeast Asia, and about finding people then to join me to do Dushanbe to Osh because I know most people do it the other way round and later in the season?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:26 pm

If nobody wants to join, you will have to take public transport or pay extra. For cold weather clothing, I recommend buying some :-)
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D