Itinerary and accommodation from Aktau (Kazakhstan) to Samarkand (Uzbekistan)

Post your itinerary questions and trip reports here
gordaansiosa

Itinerary and accommodation from Aktau (Kazakhstan) to Samarkand (Uzbekistan)

Postby gordaansiosa » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:38 am

Hello,
My initial plan was heading from Baku through Iran and Turkmenistan to reach Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan.
Due a problem with the passport, I can't go that way, instead I am crossing the Caspian Sea with the ferry from Baku to Aktau (Kazakhstan), and from there through Uzbekistan to Tajikistan/Kyrgyzstan.

Do you have any advice on the route to follow through Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan?

And more importantly, do you have any advice on accommodation? Specially, between Aktau and the border with Uzbekistan, and the north of Uzbekistan.

Thank you in advance
Cheers
Samuel
0 x

Cycletothesun

Re: Itinerary and accommodation from Aktau (Kazakhstan) to Samarkand (Uzbekistan)

Postby Cycletothesun » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:59 pm

Hi samuel,

Just wondering when you are doing this trip? We are cycling that way hoping to get the ferry 1st May. So can’t help with accommodation advice yet, but might be able to let you know as we travel.

Also if your travelling soon on the ferry and have space for two bikes that would be amazing ;)
0 x

gordaansiosa

Re: Itinerary and accommodation from Aktau (Kazakhstan) to Samarkand (Uzbekistan)

Postby gordaansiosa » Wed May 02, 2018 2:27 pm

Hello,
I am planning to cross by mid-end of June. I am still in Turkey now.
If you can let me know as you go, it'd be great, any information/advice will be welcome
Regards
Samuel
0 x

Silvio Maridati

Postby Silvio Maridati » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:04 am

Hello everyone
I hope my info does not appear too late for you.
I‘ve done this trip last year in July by motorbike. I stood overnight in Beineu which was the last possibile place to stay. Then there is a 90 km long road in rather terrible condition up to the Uzbeky border. Next place to stay in decent acommodation is Nukus.
Wach out guys and keep your front weel clean ;-))
Silvio
0 x

bryanmkevan

Postby bryanmkevan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:39 am

Silvio Maridati wrote:Hello everyone
I hope my info does not appear too late for you.
I‘ve done this trip last year in July by motorbike. I stood overnight in Beineu which was the last possibile place to stay. Then there is a 90 km long road in rather terrible condition up to the Uzbeky border. Next place to stay in decent acommodation is Nukus.
Wach out guys and keep your front weel clean ;-))
Silvio

This is not quite accurate. There is a chaykhana at Jasliq (very basic, no wifi, but cheap) and another pretty good chaykhana at Kunkhodzha called the Bon Voyage Chaykhana. The hotels in Beyneu are great.
2 x
On the road, rolling slowly on my big wheel. https://bryanmkevan.bike/