Flying domestically while on a transit visa in Turkmenistan

Post your itinerary questions and trip reports here
berdman

Flying domestically while on a transit visa in Turkmenistan

Post by berdman »

Hello all,

I was wondering if it's possible to take domestic flights in Turkmenistan when I'm on a transit visa? I'm considering this because I'd like to hit both the Yangykala canyon and darvaza within the 5 days I have, but it seems pretty impossible to navigate directly between the two places especially when I don't drive. My plan is to enter to Dashoguz then fly to Turkmenbashi, do a trip to the canyons, then fly to Ashgabat. From there I'll get the train to Darvaza and back and leave to Iran from Ashgabat. Obviously this isn't a transit route at all so can anyone advise if I might get into trouble for doing this? e.g. can I be refused boarding by the airline or can the customs check my flight records when I leave? Also please suggest if you know a way of transporting between Darvaza and Yangykala so I won't have this problem at all :)

Thanks!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Flying domestically while on a transit visa in Turkmenistan

Post by steven »

Get in touch with Guvanch for booking your airplane ticket, he can tell you if it will be a problem or not: https://caravanistan.com/transport/flig ... ok-ticket/
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D