Tajikistan starting Monday

Post your itinerary questions and trip reports here
pritamps

Tajikistan starting Monday

Post by pritamps »

Hey guys,

I'm a traveller from India, currently in England, heading to Central Asia for a few months(3/4/5/6?) before wherever I go next.

I'm new to Caravanistan. I can't believe I found out about this website only two days ago!

I'm reaching Dushanbe early Monday morning by flight. I'm coming with my bicycle and plan to cycle the Pamir Highway. I unfortunately won't be able to bike into Kyrgyzstan because they denied my e-visa :(

My plan is to spend 2-3 weeks in Tajikistan cycling on the Pamir route, then head to Uzbekistan and then on to Iran and Turkey.

Any tips/pointer? How cold can I expect it to get?

Excited to share more on this forum. I just wish I'd found it sooner when I was planning haha.

-Pritam Sukumar
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Tajikistan starting Monday

Post by steven »

Right now? You should be expecting snow, will be quite an experience coming from sultry India!

More tips see https://caravanistan.com/tajikistan/pamir-highway
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

pritamps

Post by pritamps »

Yes, I've read that article about 100 times so far :D, it's really informative!

I am a little apprehensive about the snow! But I have lots of layers, so we'll see :)

Some parts of Ladakh in India has a very similar terrain as Tajikistan -- the Karakoram range sort of merges into the Himalayas in Ladakh (don't quote me on this, I'm not a geologist :D). I've spent quite a bit of time there but not in November. An adventure it will be!

-Pritam
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Let us know how it was!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D