Kyrgyzstan domestic flights

Post your itinerary questions and trip reports here
Dylanvienet

Kyrgyzstan domestic flights

Post by Dylanvienet »

Hello,

I have been a semi-regular visitor and poster here because I have a central Asian trip coming up in April. All my previous issues seem to have resolved themselves so far except for finding a way to get from Bishkek to Osh.

I was hoping to take a morning flight from Bishkek toOsh on the 9th of April as I am planning to cross into Uzbekistan on the 10th. But after scouring the internet intensely the past few weeks, there still seems to be no flights at all.

For example, air Manas schedule seems to fall flat after March, and I thought that it would have just been the seasonal schedule not being complete yet. But we are now at the end of February and there is still nothing from any of the Kyrgyz domestic airlines.

Is it still possible to arrange tickets when I actually arrive in Bishkek on about the 5th of April? (Or does anyone else know if there are any flights?) A lot is hinging on me getting to osh at this stage as from there, I will cross into Uzbekistan and the Fergana valley and eventually fly from Tashkent down to Termez and Afghanistan for 3 days.

TL:dr- are there any flights from Bishkek to Osh in April and can I arrange tickets in Bishkek a few days earlier?

Your expertise is greatly appreciated 🙂
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Kyrgyzstan domestic flights

Post by steven »

I cannot imagine there would be no flights. Don't worry, you can get on a plane. If all else fails, you will just have to get in a car. It is slower but not the end of the world I would say.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

AreWeThereYet?

Post by AreWeThereYet? »

Air Manas follows closely Pegasus - in fact it's nothing but Pegasus in drag - and they have this very annoying habit of opening bookings only a few months in advance.
1 x
www.awtytravels.com
Stories from the road.

Dylanvienet

Post by Dylanvienet »

steven wrote:I cannot imagine there would be no flights. Don't worry, you can get on a plane. If all else fails, you will just have to get in a car. It is slower but not the end of the world I would say.
That's good to know.Will be able to get there one way or another. Hopefully shall be able to take a plane. 12 hours in an old taxi does sound a bit rough and it would rob me of the chance to see some of Osh too.
0 x

Dylanvienet

Post by Dylanvienet »

AreWeThereYet? wrote:Air Manas follows closely Pegasus - in fact it's nothing but Pegasus in drag - and they have this very annoying habit of opening bookings only a few months in advance.
Yeah, it certainly seems that way. I'm even directed to the Pegasus website to make a booking for Air Manas. It also seemed a bit odd that there's no bookings available yet either. I guess I should at least wait for March, to book for April. None of the other Kyrgyz Airlines, like AVIA and Tezjet, seem to have anything for the next few months either. Maybe this is a bit of a Kyrgyzstan theme, unfortunately.
0 x

AreWeThereYet?

Post by AreWeThereYet? »

If the air option fails the bazaar for marshrutkas is not that far from Manas airport...
0 x
www.awtytravels.com
Stories from the road.

Dylanvienet

Post by Dylanvienet »

AreWeThereYet? wrote:If the air option fails the bazaar for marshrutkas is not that far from Manas airport...
Yeah that's the fall back option. But have found that Tezjet has flights on those days apparently. But unable to buy tickets online, I assume I can arrange when I get to Bishkek. Or just take Air Manas when they decide (or actually remember) to finally open bookings for April.
0 x

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Post by Christian77 »

I've never had a problem buying a few days in advance for flights to Osh (unless it coincides with some holiday where people return home). However, I never buy the tickets online as they are much cheaper buying from a ticketing agent. An "aviakassa" or travel agent is what you need. There are ticket resellers everywhere in Bishkek, and they take a very low commission compared to online resellers. Just ask at your hostel or hotel where the nearest place is. Bring your passport. You can pay with a card or cash. I usually go to "Kyrgyz Concept" as they are good at dealing with my terrible Russian language skills.
2 x