tour in Kyrgyzstan, Xinjiang-China, North Pakistan, North Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and South Kazakhstan

Post your itinerary questions and trip reports here
Eleni Liakou

tour in Kyrgyzstan, Xinjiang-China, North Pakistan, North Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and South Kazakhstan

Post by Eleni Liakou »

Hi. My name is Eleni Liakou from Greece.

With my husband we are travelling all the time around the world.
We are thinking to make a tour from Bishkek with a rental car (Toyota sequoia 2004). 16 days May 2019
Our schedule is:
Bishkek ➖Irkeshtam pass ➖Kashgar (China)➖Khunjerab pass➖Sost (Pakistan)➖Karimabad ➖Gilgit➖Hunza Valley & Kalash Valley➖Chitral➖Islamabad➖Peshawar ➖Khyber pass (Torkham)➖Kabul (Afghanistan) ➖kunduz➖Shir Khan Bandar – Panji Poyon➖Dushanbe (Tajikistan) ➖Tashkent (Uzbekistan) ➖Kaplanbek➖Turkestan (Kazakhstan) ➖Bishkek

You think that out itinerary is possible?
Do we need any local guide to be with us during our crossing from China and Afghanistan?

Thanks in advance for your help.
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Re: tour in Kyrgyzstan, Xinjiang-China, North Pakistan, North Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and South Kazakhstan

Post by bwv812 »

Not possible, I would think, and really not advisable even if possible.

Self-driving China is difficult and expensive, and that's without the added complication of a rental car. Self-driving Afghanistan seems like a terrible idea, and I doubt any rental company would allow you to do it.
0 x