Beshariq border crossing (Uzbekistan to Tajikistan, Fergana Valley)

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
mongrelfish

Re: Beshariq border crossing (Uzbekistan to Tajikistan, Fergana Valley)

Post by mongrelfish »

Hi everyone!

Any updates on whether this border is open or not?

Sat
0 x

destinationdutchland

Post by destinationdutchland »

Any updates on this border?
0 x

globetraveler

Post by globetraveler »

July 9th 2019. Serbian passport, from Konibodom to Kokand via this border. Uzbekistan visa free. On foot. Very simple and fast, 10min Tajik side, 10min Uzbek side. No Xray, no luggage check, no dumb questions (not any actually :D), nothing. Just stamps and welcome! There is a procedure for cars, it is slower. No cars on Uzbek side, just taxi drivers. Kokand is 50km away. I was lucky enough to wait for 20 min until taxi driver gave me a ride for free. :D BTW, in Uzbekistan no one knows literally what is hitchhiking. People do hitchhike, but everyone pay. So explain before enter the car.
1 x

Blindcapitals

Post by Blindcapitals »

Took a taxi from Kokand to the border for about $6-8 dollars (can't remember), whole car (was with a local beforehand though, who negotiated price), border was super easy, didn't even print my Tajik visa. Once through, a handful of taxi drivers, ended up paying either $15 or $25 for a whole car (again sorry, can't remember, hope it was the former) to Dushanbe. Only haggled down $5 because I was tired and it was getting dark/late.
0 x

deidren

Post by deidren »

Any updates on this border crossing? Are the Tajik land borders still closed? Or has anyone attempted lately? I am wondering (optimistically of course) if it would be more a possibility for an exit of Tajik, entry into Uzbek as opposed to the opposite.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

So far haven't heard of them opening. If I read anything new I post it on the coronavirus page. https://caravanistan.com/coronavirus
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Boris

Post by Boris »

Were crossing this border twice within 1 week (Mexican and Russian citizens) both ways. At least we tried... No PCR test required IF YOU HAVE vaccination. Otherwise you can take one at the border. Costs 130thsd uz sum.
1. Crossing Uz-Tj
Easy on Uz side, waited for 40 minutes on Tj side even though we and some guys from Ukraine and Belorussia were the only people there. After we crossed the border these guys told us that they'd had to make a call to some "high ranked" person in Tajikistan in order to rush the border control officers to let us in. We had all the necessary documents on hand and didn't bribe anyone (although they didn't even had a chance to ask for it)
2. Crossing Tj-Uz
In 1 week we were going back the same way. Tj border officers told us that the Uz border control didn't let tourists from Portugal a few days ago. So we went straight to Uz border in order to clarify this. And they told us they couldn't let us in unless we had flight tickets out of Uz FROM FERGANA (They didn't care much if we'd have had tickets from Tashkent for instance). Tj border officers now knew about our problem and one of them offered us fake tickets from Fergana for 150 Tj somoni per person. We decided to decline the offer so we had to go all the way to Oybek border not far away from Tashkent. We had no troubles there.
3 x

adrdilauro

Post by adrdilauro »

I can add that I tried crossing from the Tajik to the Uzbek side two days ago, and they didn't let me in.

The Tajik officer said he would let me exit Tajikistan, but before stamping the passport he went with me to ask to the Uzbek side wether they would let me in.

The Uzbek officer said he didn't know about my citizenship, and called a superior, who told him that the border was only open for Tajik and Uzbek citizens, and that I had to use Oybek
2 x

missmax8

Post by missmax8 »

Update Tajikistan -> Uzbekistan
Yesterday we crossed the border from Konibodom to Besharik. Uzbek officer asked for covid vaccine certificate and wrote it down in a book.
- From Konibodom, mashroutka 164 direction Patar (патар) (4 TJS)
- From the border, shared taxi to Besharik (10'000 UZS), and from there mashroutka to Kokand (6'000 UZS)
1 x

safwan

Post by safwan »

Is the border open 24/7 or there are any special time of the day when it is closed?
0 x