Border crossings reports: Dostyk/Dustlyk (Uzbekistan/Kyrgyzstan)

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
dk2022

Re: Border crossings reports: Dostyk/Dustlyk (Uzbekistan/Kyrgyzstan)

Post by dk2022 »

Congratulations icalle, your negotiation skills are impressive. I did the direct Uzbekistan-Kyrgyzstan border crossing at Andijan-Dostyk-Osh. Straightforward, ignore all the usual friendly taxi drivers. Full report:
https://travelbeforethecrowds.com/uzbek ... at-dostyk/
0 x

RollingTreeHouse

Post by RollingTreeHouse »

Yandex Taxi works on the Kyrgz side of the border due to the proximity of the city centre.
Just mentioning "Yandex" or showing the booking screen will help greatly with negotiations, same when arriving at Osh airport.
0 x

jacklam349

Post by jacklam349 »

I want to cross Dostyk from Osh. Beside "Marshrutkas 136, 137 and 138". there is also 116 which I will use. I wonder what are the Marshrutkas on the Uzbekistan side?
I read that there is a direct marshrutka from the "new bus station / last bus station" in osk. Can anyone report whether it is true. I will go the osh station to check out.
But, it is better to take marshrutka to the border and then walk across and catch marshrutka on the other side - given that I read tourists have a shorter queue.
0 x

jacklam349

Post by jacklam349 »

I crossed the Dostyk/Dustlyk border from Kyrgyzstan to Uzbekistan on 2, October, 2022 around 6:30 in the morning. I took the marshrutka #116 (#138 is also good) on улица Ленина, (traveling north) in Osh.
Kurmanjan-Datka St and Lenin St are parallel (north/south) #116 and trolleybus #2 travel south on Datka st.
Than I walked across the border. On Kyrgyzstan, it was 5 minutes. I am glad that I did not take the "direct" marshruta from Osh to Andijan (which I did not find) and also around 6:30 the gate for vehicles is still not open.
On Uzbekstan passport control, it took 30 minutes - 20 minutes waiting - there are 5 windows one of them have 'for tourists' - but local people are also tourists! 10 minutes for the officer to check my eVisa and flipped thru my passport pages. Three polices checks my passport - 1st one as I entered the building, 2rd one after I passed the passport control police, and 3th one before I exited the building. They did not check luggages nor smart phones photos!

After passing the passport control, I saw street vendors but I did not see any money exchage.
The "big" (not marshruta) bus with sign Андижан is waiting just there. I think the bus fare is 1,000 but I gave the driver 5,000 bill; paid we left the bus. The bus ride took 2 hours.
The final bus stop is 600 meters from the train station - Go the train station from that bus station.
You go west - cross the street and then head northEast. The train station is on your left.
You will come to the "Kасса" first on the left (get your tickets there; if you did not buy them from railway.uz) and then you continue north to the station terminal; security guards will check your ticket for entering into the building area.
Andijan Train Station
Google Map:
https://www.google.com/maps/search/?api ... ,72.350746

About KGS to UZS, I suggest you to exchange them in Базар "Келечек" in Osh, Kyrgyzstan.
Google Map:
https://www.google.com/maps/search/?api ... ,72.802158
Coordinate:
40.537748, 72.802158
On A374 of the Базар "Келечек" - Bazaar Kelechek, you will find many money exchange stalls.
Banks in Osh do not make exchange; even though, there are signs USD, Euros rates.

There are no place in Tashkent to exchange KGS to UZS.
1 x