M41 Pamir Highway / Kyzyl Art Pass border crossing procedure Q&A

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
Kalpazan

Re: When will the Kyrgyzstan-Tajikistan border reopen?

Post by Kalpazan »

0 x

rainest

Post by rainest »

Anecdotally tour operators are indicating that you can cross Kyzyl-Art going into Kyrgyzstan from Tajikistan, but not in the reverse direction? Is there any experience confirming this or are they just going off the same statements that ostensibly you can obtain a permit to cross into Kyrgyzstan as a tourist, but nobody has actually done so? I would expect that even if that's true that you can't legally exit Tajikistan at the accompanying border post, though maybe tour operators are folding ah... flexibility of TJ guards into the overall trip cost.
0 x

arsenal4mylife

Post by arsenal4mylife »

Me and a few forum members will cross from Tajikistan to Kyrgyzstan (Dushanbe to Osh) in May. It is arranged by tour operator and we have the approval document from tourist department of Kyrgyzstan, still not 100% relieved but hopefully it works!
0 x

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Post by Christian77 »

arsenal4mylife wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:02 pm
Me and a few forum members will cross from Tajikistan to Kyrgyzstan (Dushanbe to Osh) in May. It is arranged by tour operator and we have the approval document from tourist department of Kyrgyzstan, still not 100% relieved but hopefully it works!
How a sub-department of the Kyrgyz Ministry of Culture is going to come up with a piece of paper that will work with the Tajik KGB is a bit of a mystery to me. The usual answer is $$$. Exiting Tajikistan should be easier that entering. But still, carry some extra cash...and have a back-up plan for things to see/do on an unscheduled return trip to Dushanbe.
2 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

I agree. Everything is for sale at Kyzyl-Art so I think it can be done provided you "say" the right things.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

arsenal4mylife

Post by arsenal4mylife »

yeah, will do.
Will also leave my return ticket rebookable so i can fly from Dushanbe back home instead of Bishkek in case its not as planned.
0 x

Fahd

Post by Fahd »

arsenal4mylife wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:02 pm
Could you please let me know which agency is it?
0 x

Kalpazan

Post by Kalpazan »

I post this in Russian as published but you may use Google Translate if you like:

Автор: Нигина Аслонова, Asia-Plus
На контрольно-пропускном пункте «Кызыл Бел» Кыргызстана прошла встреча рабочих групп двух стран под руководством председателей Согдийской и Баткенской областей Раджаббоя Ахмадзода и Абдукарима Алимбаева, сообщает пресс-служба администрации Согда.
Было отмечено, что Таджикистан и Кыргызстан решают вопросы совместных границ в рамках дипломатических и добрососедских отношений, и стараются наладить мирную жизнь жителей приграничных территорий.
Председателям приграничных городов и районов Исфара, Бободжон Гафуров, Баткен и Лейлек, участвовавших на встрече, было поручено продолжать разъяснительные работы среди населения, чтобы местные жители не верили непроверенным и провокационным сообщениям и соблюдали добрососедские отношения.
На встрече глав Согда и Баткена также были обсуждены вопросы водо- и землепользования. Что именно решалось по этим вопросам, не сообщается.
Стороны подчеркнули, что вопросам обеспечения мирной жизни приграничных жителей, укреплению дружбы и защиты стабильности на границе впредь будет уделено особое внимание.
Напомним, что Кыргызстан после очередного конфликта в одностороннем порядке закрыл границу с Таджикистаном с 21 мая 2021 года, и она остается закрытой до сих пор.
Последний крупный конфликт, который привел к человеческим жертвам, произошел на границе между сторонами в середине сентября прошлого года.
Тогда сообщалось о более 100 убитых с двух сторон, десятках раненных, многочисленных разрушениях домов и социальных объектов на приграничных территориях.
0 x

Supertramp

Post by Supertramp »

Any updates ?
0 x

Kalpazan

Post by Kalpazan »

Nothing, at least on the media I am following.
0 x