Ever so slightly damaged passport and border crossings

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
clairemartin

Ever so slightly damaged passport and border crossings

Post by clairemartin »

Hi everyone,

Wondering if anyone could let me know whether border crossings in Central Asia are incredibly scrutinous about passport condition? I just noticed last night I had a bit of ink on my photo page, and when rubbing it off managed to get the very corner (which is just paper, it doesn't affect the laminate at all) wet and it now looks a bit dog-eared, plus there's still a tiny bit of ink right at the bottom of the photo page (below all of the information). The laminate is fully intact. I think it should be fine but just not sure how picky they are at land borders.

I am on a long overland trip at the moment and have already left (in Vietnam now) and I don't think I can get a new one out of the UK, plus it has my Chinese and Mongolian visas in, but it would be good to know how scrutinous border staff typically are.

Thanks!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Ever so slightly damaged passport and border crossings

Post by steven »

I think it will be fine.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

clairemartin

Re: Ever so slightly damaged passport and border crossings