Imigration card scam...

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
Tsikoudia

Re: Imigration card scam...

Post by Tsikoudia »

Many thanks, Tomas and Hamish.

If I encounter issues about it at Oybek, I'll inform the forum.
0 x

olmo

Post by olmo »

We entered at Kyzylart and b/c of this info, insisted on that card. They said they no longer exist, they don't have any and when I suggested they confirm in writing, we got a stamped peace of paper saying they have no immigration cards ... all friendly.

Confirmed with several people, including tourist office in Khorog, they are no longer needed/used.

No question about them leaving the country. So I think this really is an issue of the past.
1 x

seysearles

Post by seysearles »

olmo wrote:We entered at Kyzylart and b/c of this info, insisted on that card. They said they no longer exist, they don't have any and when I suggested they confirm in writing, we got a stamped peace of paper saying they have no immigration cards ... all friendly.

Confirmed with several people, including tourist office in Khorog, they are no longer needed/used.

No question about them leaving the country. So I think this really is an issue of the past.
We didn't get/need one either.
0 x

Tsikoudia

Post by Tsikoudia »

Coming back as promised to say that I crossed into Uzbekistan at Oybek after, and yes it wasn't even mentioned when leaving Tajikistan. Who do I contact to get that past info removed (or amended, to make it not sound like an essential thing to get) on the page I read it on? Otherwise it will only alarm future visitors.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

I read this forum Tsikoudia and update all the time. Have just been traveling intensely for the past month so haen't had the time to update it yet. Will be updated within the next 2 weeks as I return home and catch up on work.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D