Kyzylart - Bor Dobo border crossing (Murghab-Sary Tash)

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
04Morley

Re: Kyzylart - Bor Dobo border crossing (Murghab-Sary Tash)

Post by 04Morley »

Apparently a French tourist passed ten days ago, I read that on the normal Kyrgz thread. V interested in any further updates.
1 x

simeon-x

Post by simeon-x »

Hi,
I work in the embassy of one EU country to some Central Asian country for many years. I like Caravanistan, until now mostly for reading, didn’t discuss. Situation now is unpredictable and difficult for travellers, so I will try to help with some information.

Concerning Kyzyl-Art.
Tajik side: opened with some limitations, see bellow.
Kyrgyz side: is closed for entry and for exit. Exceptions: diplomatic staff accreditted in KG or TJ - both way, entry/exit
Travelling from KG to TJ - Tajik citizens travelling to homeland, they will be allowed to exit KG and enter TJ.
Travelling from TJ to KG - Exit from TJ will be allowed for everybody, who entered to Tajikistan (now only by air). Enter to Kyrgyzstan will be allowed only for Kyrgyz citizens and exceptions mentioned.
This rules are same for all KG/TJ borders and are valid for today.
If you want most actual information about Kyrgyz borders (conditions for entry, border checkpoints etc.), contact +996 (312) 88-16-18. This is Kyrgyz Border Service, they answer normally. They speak ONLY Russian/Kyrgyz though.
Last edited by simeon-x on Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
3 x

simeon-x

Post by simeon-x »

I have also some question to people travelled over Kyzyl-Art before.
1) Is there any mobile signal in Kyrgyz or Tajik side of Kyzyl-Art border?
2) Has anybody any contact to Tajik side of the border or to Tajik Border Service? You can answer me via message.
3) Has anybody who travelled in past over Kyzyl-Art from KG to TJ problem to cross with Tajik e-visa incl. GBAO permit? It is remoted location, if they are able to check issued e-visa.

Thanks a lot for answer.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

About 3) They don't have computers or internet and it's just a piece of printed paper that you are handing them, so... I have even heard of people crossing without the visa - everything is for sale there.

Not sure about the mobile signal actually.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

travelerthomas

Post by travelerthomas »

A couple of cyclists crossed this border into Tajikistan on the 9th of September. They had met some cyclists on the Kyrgyz side that had crossed it from the other side. Unofficially the border appears open.
0 x

Kalpazan

Post by Kalpazan »

Can't recall having mobile signal on either side but that was back in 2019 and it may have changed lately. On KG side they are a bit more strict - check visa and passport more thoroughly, ask questions, check your luggage even. On TJ side they collect your docs and it is just long long long waiting at the cold outside until they finally let you go. Neither side asked for bribe.
0 x

04Morley

Post by 04Morley »

We crossed from Tajikistan to Kyrgyzstan recently on bikes. No issues at all, all v smooth.
0 x

pete5330

Post by pete5330 »

Good news! All of them by bikes.... any reports on crossing by (rental) car?
1 x

BJ1045

Post by BJ1045 »

Yes same question as Pete above. Planning to do this crossing by (rental) car coming summer. Any last information given the newly tensions/violence?
0 x

discovermundo

Post by discovermundo »

Hi,

Latest information about what is going on in GBAO is on

https://novastan.org/fr/tadjikistan/pas ... s-emeutes/

It's in french so use Google translate.

Unfortunately, situation doesn't look promising. After Kazakhstan riots, Tajikistan authorities will be very vigilant with resuming normal life in GBAO. Perhaps they will open pamir during upcoming tourist season. I hope for that. Regardless my hopes, don't count on anything.
3 x