Razi-Kapiköy border crossing reports (Iran-Turkey)

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Razi-Kapiköy border crossing reports (Iran-Turkey)

Postby steven » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:25 am

Please let us know your experiences and questions about the Razi-Kapiköy border crossing between Iran and Turkey below.

We summarize at the Iran border crossings page.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Razi-Kapiköy border crossing reports (Iran-Turkey)

Postby steven » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:26 am

Via e-mail:

Hi, Caravanistan team!

I have a small update regarding the opening hours of the Razi-Kapiköy border crossing between Iran and Turkey. You state that it's open between 8 am and 6 pm of Turkish time. I've used the crossing recently (2 weeks ago) and on the Iranian side, there's a sign which says the opening hours are 10.30 am till 6.30 pm, which means 9 am till 5 pm of Turkish time.

The sign seemed fairly new and I'm pretty sure it was not there last year when I used the crossing. Just thought it could save potential travelers some trouble. I didn't spot any sign on the Turkish side though.

Also about the road conditions - Turkey invested heavily in this border crossing since last year, it now features a modern terminal and the road to Van is in such good condition that the vehicles can drive more or less 120 kmph.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

raycooknz

Re: Razi-Kapiköy border crossing reports (Iran-Turkey)

Postby raycooknz » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:23 am

Gurbulak - Bazargan border
Hi Team,
I’m presently driving through Iran. I crossed into Iran from Turkey side and stayed overnight at Dogubeyazit and then drove 30 km to the Gurbulak - Bazargan border on 15th August with my New Zealand registered Toyota Landcruiser V8 Diesel with the help of Mr Hossein Ravanyar from Iran Overland (the old Hossein) He is mentioned in Iran Lonely Planet book and he was very good in arranging all the required paperwork carnet & Insurance to enter. Its strongly recommended to arrive early at the border gate 6am as there are lots of buses that start arriving full of passengers.
Iran is an amazing place to visit with lots to see and do and the people are so friendly towards tourists.
Only advice is to plan your fuel stops well if you have a Diesel engine as they have a crazy law that you have to have a fuel card to buy Diesel but the local truck drivers are helpful to use their fuel card so you need to give them a small tip. Not all fuel stations sell diesel but if you look on the iOverlander app it shows fuel stops that sell diesel.
Safe Travels
Ray Cook

We even got interviewed by The Tehran Times
https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/439533 ... n-before-a
1 x