Coronavirus border closures & re-openings

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
appelyoghurt

Re: Corona virus border closures

Post by appelyoghurt »

For those travelling with a Japanese stamp in their passport. The Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs has compiled an extensive list of travel bans for people who have visited Japan (recently): https://www.anzen.mofa.go.jp/covid19/pd ... world.html

It is in Japanese though, so it takes a bit of machine translating to figure it out. I would recommend translating the names of certain countries to Japanese and use the search function to find the country on the site and translate the full alinea underneath the country name back to English.

You can also use the bing translation of the whole site: https://www.translatetheweb.com/?from=& ... world.html
1 x

sammikaro

Post by sammikaro »

Does anyone know an update of the Georgia and armenia borders?
Turkey - Georgia and Georgia - Armenia

Regards
0 x

Ron en Eveline

Post by Ron en Eveline »

sammikaro wrote:Does anyone know an update of the Georgia and armenia borders?
Turkey - Georgia and Georgia - Armenia

Regards
We went from Georgia to Armenia about 2 weeks ago. No problems , just checking temperature. 5 days ago from Armenia back to Georgia and also no problems and we took 2 different borders.
3 x

Simonhell

Post by Simonhell »

So we will pick up our bus in Bishkek in two days and want to drive through Kazakhstan, Russia, to Georgia. The last 3 month we have been in India. So according to the paper from the Kazakhstan government we will not have any problems.

Did somebody cross the boarder from kirgistan to Kazakhstan in the last days?
0 x

levelo

Post by levelo »

Here's what I've found about Russia.

As of March 5 all travelers coming from a list of countries where the virus has been spreading fast will be put in mandatory quarantine ( China, S. Korea, Japan, Italy, Iran, France, Germany, Norway, the US of A, Spain, Switzerland, among others ) when arriving at Moscow airports. This decision was taken by the mayor of Moscow and it is backed by the Russian Health authorities.

I have yet to find out whether this is a nationwide enforced new rule, or just a local Moscow one. But my guess is that sooner or later this will affect all travels in the Federation.
0 x

pete5330

Post by pete5330 »

Pffff. Does anybody know if this russia moscow airport limit also counts if i have a transfer to osh Kyrgystan? Transfer will be 2 hours.

Thanks in advance!
0 x

sofizmat

Post by sofizmat »

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/intern ... 226297.htm

Probably it does not apply to transfers but given that other have already or are introducing the same rules, it will not take you any further....
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Post by Milad »

levelo wrote:Here's what I've found about Russia.

As of March 5 all travelers coming from a list of countries where the virus has been spreading fast will be put in mandatory quarantine ( China, S. Korea, Japan, Italy, Iran, France, Germany, Norway, the US of A, Spain, Switzerland, among others ) when arriving at Moscow airports. This decision was taken by the mayor of Moscow and it is backed by the Russian Health authorities.

I have yet to find out whether this is a nationwide enforced new rule, or just a local Moscow one. But my guess is that sooner or later this will affect all travels in the Federation.
This rule is by Moscow City Administration and does therefore currently affect only Moscow. In theory, it applies too when arriving to Moscow by ground transport, but as there are no checks, they won't be able to enforce it completely, although Hotels may or may not be required to report foreigners immediately. Other cities in Russia and/or the federal government may or may not follow this example.
0 x

levelo

Post by levelo »

Yes Milad, until further development...
But it doesn't look too good, does it ?
0 x

jdf91

Post by jdf91 »

Hi everybody.

I'm travelling Colombia-Barcelona (transit 3 hours)- Moscow -couple of days- (and then to Urgench).

Do you think transiting in Spain will count? I'm not planning to leave the airport AT ALL.

Thanks for your helps
0 x