Coronavirus border closures & re-openings

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
Orblin

Re: Coronavirus border closures

Post by Orblin »

Does anyone know about tajikistan? I've been in Usbekistan for 2 weeks, and planning to go there next.

I was just told that kyrgyzstan will be quarintening People Who have been in Europe within the Last 30 days. So I thought that tajikistan might have taken similar precautions...?
0 x

sarah_thewild

Post by sarah_thewild »

There are rumours that Kyrgyzstan might close its airports due to corona, anyone who has any information on this?

Secondly, the current Kyrgyz measures only hold for people trying to enter the country, how about people already inside? Is there a risk of getting quarantined when taking an internal flight?

Thank you!
0 x

Simonhell

Post by Simonhell »

We are German citizens and tried to cross the boarder yesterday from kyrgistan to kasachstan. We could prove that we have been from 15th December to 9th of March in India and arrived in Bishkek on the 9th of March. They checked temperature and so on...everything fine. Haven't been to Germany for one year.

They didnt let us enter kasachstan after three hours of waiting and a lot of phonecalls. So we are stucked with our bus in Kyrgyzstan...
1 x

Inken

Post by Inken »

Georgia/Azerbaijan border is closed for 10 days
https://cabmin.gov.az/en/article/721/
1 x

cycleourworlddotcom

Post by cycleourworlddotcom »

Georgia/Armenia also closed for 10 days

https://news.am/eng/news/565856.html
0 x

Plutos Tour

Post by Plutos Tour »

We tried to cross today, 14.03.2020 the Red Bridge Border from Azerbaijan to Georgia. The border is closed. Only Georgian citizen are allowed to cross.
The only option to leave Azerbaijan is to go to Russia.
0 x

Simonhell

Post by Simonhell »

We tried to cross the boarder from Kyrgyzstan to kasachstan today again, because we spoke with the German embassy in Kazakhstan...and haven't been for 30 days in Germany etc.

Today we could pass the boarder...:). There were more friendly boarder patrol...quite random...
1 x

craigjrichards

Post by craigjrichards »

Again really appreciate this thread. The first time I noticed that the GE - AM border plans to be closed, is that article above confirmed? I will update you with anything I come up with accordingly.
I appreciate maybe off-topic but may be relevant to an alternative with the current restrictions - anyone has an update on Belarus? I noticed Ukraine - https://www.kyivpost.com/ukraine-politi ... virus.html
1 x

levelo

Post by levelo »

As of today Belarus is still " open ". Probably for fly-ins only ( Poland and Ukraine have shut their land borders ). I am in Poland and I was supposed to cross tomorrow but the likelihood of ending up stuck there ( they might also shut all international flights or borders soon ) had me cancel my crossing.
Now trying to find a way out of Poland...
1 x

juliA13

Post by juliA13 »

We've been to the border from Armenia to georgia today and all borders between georgia/armenia/Azerbaijan are currently closed (except for locals travelling to their home country). The official update for now is it will be closed for at least ten days. We contacted the Dutch embassy in Tbilisi and they confirmed this update. They also cannot offer help right now. So I guess we just have to wait until the situation changes again.

So we are stuck in Armenia at the moment. If there are more people stuck here maybe it would be nice to form a group :).
1 x