Page 17 of 26

Re: Coronavirus border closures

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:59 am
by Jon67
appelyoghurt wrote: I don’t know if you have to know far in advance if you’ll go, but personally I would wait it out, if you can. Two months is still quite a long time from know and a lot can happen in that time.
Yep, it sure is an uncertain situation that might be over sooner than we expect hopefully... but it can also be a rebound- situation.
I must make a decision at April 16th, thay is the day before my bike will be crated in Germany for roadtransport to Bishkek. There is an agreement with Loxx that I can cancel 1 day before transport due to the situation.
Fingers crossed...

Re: Coronavirus border closures

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:01 am
by sofizmat
Leona wrote:Has anyone been in contact with Aeroflot very recently? It's been difficult to find clear info on how Aeroflot is dealing with this, but I'm really hoping that they let people to reschedule now...
Leona, depending whether you flight was canceled or not they offer two options: reschedule or refund or only reschedule.

I presume your was cancelled - I have a similar one via Moscow to TAS - its cancelled.

However it is impossible now to get in touch with aeroflot as all the lines are saturated. But this is state owned airline so you will see your refund, albeit in a couple of months.

Re: Coronavirus border closures

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:38 am
by liseb

Re: Coronavirus border closures

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:11 am
by Yar132
Today I got an email that my Azerbaijan E-visa is canceled. I’m now in Georgia. Is this a new policy?

Re: Coronavirus border closures

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:13 am
by liseb
I think you’re stuck in Georgia... you can still take the boat in Batoumi it seems... everything else is closed. Or you can fly from Kutaissi

Re: Coronavirus border closures

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:22 am
by cycleourworlddotcom
Yar132 wrote:Today I got an email that my Azerbaijan E-visa is canceled. I’m now in Georgia. Is this a new policy?
I'm in Georgia and my partner and I have Azerbaijan e-visas waiting to be used - not received anything yet about them being cancelled. Maybe it's just yours got cancelled for a different reason, will update if I hear anything. I only know that they will probably require negative corona test papers if someone wants to cross after their 10-day border closure.

Re: Coronavirus border closures

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:10 pm
by Danieljones1905
Today we tried to cross from Uzbekistan to Kyrgyzstan without success at the osh/andijan border. We have been in Uzbekistan for 2 weeks, before that Kazakhstan for 1 day, Azerbaijan for 2 weeks. We have not been to any ‘high risk’ places. a few hours at the Kyrgyzstan passport control they told us we had to be quarantined in hospital for 14 days, despite passing all temperature controls. So we headed back to Uzbekistan, who initially would not let us back in! We Waited at the Uzbekistan border for an hour with no information and they eventually cancelled our exit stamp and allowed us back in!

Re: Coronavirus border closures

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:18 pm
by Leona
sofizmat wrote: Leona, depending whether you flight was canceled or not they offer two options: reschedule or refund or only reschedule.

I presume your was cancelled - I have a similar one via Moscow to TAS - its cancelled.

However it is impossible now to get in touch with aeroflot as all the lines are saturated. But this is state owned airline so you will see your refund, albeit in a couple of months.
Thanks. On my account it doesn't show as cancelled yet, but it's still a couple of weeks away so maybe takes some time... For now I'll just wait and see I guess. I would imagine they have no choice but to cancel it eventually.

Re: Coronavirus border closures

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:42 pm
by jacoblab1
Danieljones1905 wrote:Today we tried to cross from Uzbekistan to Kyrgyzstan without success at the osh/andijan border. We have been in Uzbekistan for 2 weeks, before that Kazakhstan for 1 day, Azerbaijan for 2 weeks. We have not been to any ‘high risk’ places. a few hours at the Kyrgyzstan passport control they told us we had to be quarantined in hospital for 14 days, despite passing all temperature controls. So we headed back to Uzbekistan, who initially would not let us back in! We Waited at the Uzbekistan border for an hour with no information and they eventually cancelled our exit stamp and allowed us back in!
What is your nationality?

Re: Coronavirus border closures

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:47 pm
by Danieljones1905
jacoblab1 wrote:
Danieljones1905 wrote:Today we tried to cross from Uzbekistan to Kyrgyzstan without success at the osh/andijan border. We have been in Uzbekistan for 2 weeks, before that Kazakhstan for 1 day, Azerbaijan for 2 weeks. We have not been to any ‘high risk’ places. a few hours at the Kyrgyzstan passport control they told us we had to be quarantined in hospital for 14 days, despite passing all temperature controls. So we headed back to Uzbekistan, who initially would not let us back in! We Waited at the Uzbekistan border for an hour with no information and they eventually cancelled our exit stamp and allowed us back in!
What is your nationality?
British, but have not been in the uk for 9 months