Tajikistan to Afghanistan to Pakistan

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
harry_huddini

Tajikistan to Afghanistan to Pakistan

Postby harry_huddini » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:52 am

Hi I hope someone has some info.

I need to go through Afghanistan to Pakistan from Khorog, Tajikistan. Does and know if there is a border crossing into Pakistan close to Ishkashem/Eshkashem at the Tajikistan-Afghanistan border? Ideally through the wakan corridor. A German traveller showed me a track Road from Ishkashem to Pakistan on a paper map a few weeks ago but I can't see that on Google maps at all...

I don't really want to go near kabul but that might be the only option from Ishkashem. Driving through the semi taliban controlled mountains near kabul, to jalalabad to peshawar :/

And anyone know if the Ishkashem border is currently open?? I'm in osh and some fellow brits said the Afghan market and border crossing was closed 3 weeks ago...

Any help would be appreciated, I'm really scared. Migrating to bangladesh and taking my dog with me. Don't think it's clever to drive though Afghanistan on British number plates either jeez
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Tajikistan to Afghanistan to Pakistan

Postby steven » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:55 am

There are no legal ways for you to cross into Pakistan from Afghanistan with your car. Perhaps the Khyber Pass will open up for you, but that will take a lot of lobbying and diplomacy. I suggest you take a guide from Kyrgyzstan to Pakistan through China on the KKH.

More info: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/afghanistan/
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D