Tajikistan Corona travel restrictions / e-visa issues Q&A

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
Aish_aish_baby

Re: Tajikistan Corona travel restrictions / e-visa issues Q&A

Post by Aish_aish_baby »

Hi I am just wondering if there is a concrete update on land border crossings from Uzbekistan or Kyrgyzstan into Tajikistan. I understand the borders are open for exiting the country but are they open to enter? If not, does anyone know how easy it is to fly from Tashkent into Tajikistan instead? Have they tried this and can recommend it?
0 x

cat_hag

Post by cat_hag »

Any recent e-visa application successes? Wondering how long it might take to get approval. I'm supposed to fly next Friday but only submitted my application today, so doubtful.
1 x

alafghani

Post by alafghani »

I have arrived in Dushanbe coming from Tashkent today. Got my visa on arrival no problem (55$). PCR test needed. Polish passport.
1 x

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Post by Christian77 »

The evisa application office is clearly working, but...they said my application was not acceptable as my uploaded image of my passport was not acceptable: "Dear Applicant, passport scanned copy in your evisa application is incorrect, please upload new one in better quality."

Sort of funny, since it is the exact same image i got my last two Tajik tourist evisas with. As for the quality, I have no idea what they are talking about. I think that perhaps they don't like the security watermark (some rainbow shiny flag images) that goes across the passport. But the names, dates and places are still readable. I added a different photo at an angle where the security watermark appears over my face, but not over the biographical data. Maybe they will like that, maybe not. Who knows?

For the curious, application was submitted on the 11th, and the request for a new passport image was received on the 23rd.
2 x

sajidalvi

Post by sajidalvi »

On my e-visa application, it says "assessed". Any idea what it means? And how long is it taking these days to get an e-visa?

I applied for e-visa on 6th July with a Pakistani Passport currently based in Sweden.

Thanks
/Sajid
0 x

sajidalvi

Post by sajidalvi »

update to earlier message: my e-visa got rejected :(
0 x

Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

sajidalvi wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:11 pm
And you lost the payment? 50 US dollars?
0 x

sajidalvi

Post by sajidalvi »

Iskandar wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:38 pm
sajidalvi wrote:
of course. its non-refundable.
0 x

Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

sajidalvi wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:43 pm
Iskandar wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:38 pm
sajidalvi wrote:
of course. its non-refundable.
So is better ask visa on emabssies or on Arrival
0 x

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Post by Christian77 »

I just got my visa approved (Canadian passport). This is the timeline, with some relevance for those of you who may get a request for more information or more documents:

Submitted and paid July 11th
Received request for better quality scan/photo of my passport on July 23rd
Approved on July 27th

The only lesson to be learned from my application is to have a perfect image of your passport uploaded. On the image I first uploaded, the reflective security watermark overlapped the biographical information on my passport. Still readable, but just not perfect. It was all very annoying. For the 2nd passport image/scan I sent, I took a number of photos at different angles and under different types of light to get the image I thought would be most acceptable.
1 x