Tajikistan Corona travel restrictions / e-visa issues Q&A

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
pete5330

Re: Tajikistan Corona travel restrictions / e-visa issues Q&A

Post by pete5330 »

Great Sebastian, thanks for the explanation. Just read the english version of asia plus, it always comes a few hours after the russian version.

https://asiaplustj.info/en/news/tajikis ... n-campaign

Seems like it is "and relevant structure to take practical steps for the diagnosis of the coronavirus infection and certain self-protection deadlines applicable to persons entering the country from abroad"....

Whatever that means....

I'm about to book my tickets with turkish airlines, flexibele ones, if it changes it makes it still possible to go anywhere else.
I also think, but thats my own interpretation, that the country does look at measures from neighbouring Uzbekistan en Kyrgyzstan....
The delta variant is unstoppable in my opinion.
0 x

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Post by Christian77 »

Another confirmed report of an e-visa being issued (Dutch passport, totally independent online application with no local tour company assistance)....but after 90 days. So it still seems as if they are clearing the back-log of applications (but not in any particular order that can be determined right now).
0 x

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Post by Christian77 »

If you trust expats in Dushanbe as a good source of information, Tajikistan clarified/changed the rules three days ago: fully vaccinated travelers must have PCR test results with them when entering Tajikistan. Source: Dushanbe Expats FB page.

I would play it safe and bring PCR test results with you when arriving, even if you are a month out from your 2nd dose. And don't rely on the airlines to set the rules, as Fly Dubai was letting people on the plane with a 10-minute saliva test at the same time Dushanbe was saying that vaccinated travelers need a PCR test.

Now what needs to be determined is if the PCR test needs to have been taken with 72 hours, or 48 hours, as one person arriving at the Dushanbe airport was told. For those of us coming from North America, especially the west coast, 48 hours is too short of a time frame to go get tested, receive your results, get on a plane, and land in Dushanbe. I could do it with a PCR test that has a 12 hour turn-around time, but it costs over $500, and even then if I get delayed in Istanbul or Dubai, I'm over the 48 hours.
1 x

pete5330

Post by pete5330 »

And officially now 14 day quarantine on arrival for foreigners.

https://asiaplustj.info/ru/news/tajikis ... a-granitsi
1 x

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Post by Christian77 »

pete5330 wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:28 pm

I'm reading this article as "several days" of self-isolation at home (which is completely unenforceable given the resources).

Edit: I now see Asia-Plus' correction. I guess they accidentally put in the "14 days" thing by mistake.
1 x

danto1

Post by danto1 »

Christian77 wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:47 pm
pete5330 wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:28 pm

I'm reading this article as "several days" of self-isolation at home (which is completely unenforceable given the resources).

Edit: I now see Asia-Plus' correction. I guess they accidentally put in the "14 days" thing by mistake.
does this quarantine apply to vaccinated foreigners/tourists as well?
0 x

dman11

Post by dman11 »

Unless this changes within the next few weeks, there goes my plan of going to Tajikistan.
0 x

37north

Post by 37north »

I applied for a Tajik tourist visa including GBAO on Friday 17 June and received the visa on Friday 25 June. So they are pretty much back to the normal processing times. Independent, not through a tour operator. Now of course the question how self-quarantine is enforced. Surely a trip in the mountains counts as self-isolation?!
0 x

pete5330

Post by pete5330 »

Same for me. I'm not scared about covid. Just about the constant changing regulations from Central Asian countries. I'm not taking the risk of buying airplane tickets, visa's etc and then getting 14 day quarantine. Nothing is for sure, but the recent cases in Tajikistan are for sure a reason for the government to close down the spare tourism. That's what I think then...
0 x

dman11

Tajikistan Mandatory COVID-19 Jabs

Post by dman11 »

I just caught the news that Tajikistan is mandating the experimental COVID-19 vaccines for all adult citizens. Does it seem that foreigners without the jab won't be allowed inside the country from this point forward? I've read that they started enforcing quarantine for tourists last week.
0 x