Tajikistan Corona travel restrictions / e-visa issues Q&A

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
Kalpazan

Re: Tajikistan Corona travel restrictions / e-visa issues Q&A

Post by Kalpazan »

Grats Christian! Enjoy your travel :)
0 x

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Post by Christian77 »

Kalpazan wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:00 pm
Grats Christian! Enjoy your travel :)
Thanks!

And for those of you applicants from Indian, Pakistan or Arab countries who may be reading this, definitely try for a traditional tourist visa (at an embassy if your country has one) before the evisa attempt. You may have better luck that way, it certainly seems to be the case for Indians.
0 x

RD1993

Post by RD1993 »

US citizen here. I applied on july 26 and got accepted just now (july 28) for the 50 usd evisa + gbao permit, 60 days valid from aug 10.

I'm in contact with one of the caravanistan tour operators for an aug 16-25 dushanbe loop tour and he charged an extra 70 usd to expedite the visa process...this might be worth it if you are on a tight schedule. I emailed him on the 26th and he replied back on the 27th so it should be a very quick turnaround
1 x

04Morley

Post by 04Morley »

Nicole wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:27 am
Just confirmed with the guys working at my guesthouse in Dushanbe that they had tourists arrive from Uzbekistan who crossed at the Sarazem borders crossing (Samarkand/Panjakent). They also had tourists that just left Dushanbe and crossed into Uzbekistan at Sarazem too. So looks like it’s safe to say the border crossing is open. I know one of the tourists was Australian, forgot to ask nationality of the others.
Hi does anyone have a more recent update here? Hoping to cross from Uzbekistan to Tajikistan. Thanks
0 x

Nicole

Post by Nicole »

Here’s the most recent update I received from a friend (and local operator):

“ Right now it is possible to leave country through international crossing border points for foreigners but foreigners may not enter Tajikistan except airports“

He also went on to say that Sarezm Border Crossing should be closed, even to foreigners.
1 x

04Morley

Post by 04Morley »

Hi, just wanted to update that we passed through the border at Panjakent from Uz to Tj, lots of waiting around by let in eventually. There was a steady trickle of locals also.
1 x

stefank

Post by stefank »

Great to know, I want to go through that road next month from UZ to TJ. How about the PCR test? Could you take it on the border or did you need to take it in UZ?
0 x

roadsilk

Post by roadsilk »

Currently living in Tashkent and would like to do a trip to Khujand. Feasible at all? For a couple days. What do I need? Tajik visa, obviously. PCR test on the way to Khujand, and on the way back?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

roadsilk wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:26 pm
Currently living in Tashkent and would like to do a trip to Khujand. Feasible at all? For a couple days. What do I need? Tajik visa, obviously. PCR test on the way to Khujand, and on the way back?
Please let us know if you find out!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

04Morley

Post by 04Morley »

stefank wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:06 pm
Great to know, I want to go through that road next month from UZ to TJ. How about the PCR test? Could you take it on the border or did you need to take it in UZ?
We got a PCR test done in Samarkand, but there did seem to be something going on at the border. Can't say what for sure though I'm afraid!
0 x