Tajikistan Corona travel restrictions / e-visa issues Q&A

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
adrdilauro

Re: Tajikistan Corona travel restrictions / e-visa issues Q&A

Post by adrdilauro »

Ah, I see the page does mention that Kiropol hotel. Ok, I saw it and I can confirm it looks super new and clean
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Thanks adrdilauro for the updates! I haven't changed the page yet, but I'll have a look now with your tips in mind.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

raspberrysoda

Post by raspberrysoda »

Does anyone know if the land borders are open to foreigners yet?
0 x

RollingTreeHouse

Post by RollingTreeHouse »

Passed through the Panjakent and Oybek borders last month without any problems.
They ask for a recent PCR test but only do spot checks, in case you don't have a test result that they deem acceptable you can get a rapid test done at the border for USD ~15 in whichever local currency you have.

I entered using the new visa-free regime and it went relatively smoothly, you might want to learn the Russian/Tajik name of your country in case they struggle finding it on their list.
3 x

Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

Some body know if is open the border Denau – Tursunzoda for tourist like before?
0 x

onemap2bags

Post by onemap2bags »

RollingTreeHouse wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:47 am
Passed through the Panjakent and Oybek borders last month without any problems.
They ask for a recent PCR test but only do spot checks, in case you don't have a test result that they deem acceptable you can get a rapid test done at the border for USD ~15 in whichever local currency you have.

I entered using the new visa-free regime and it went relatively smoothly, you might want to learn the Russian/Tajik name of your country in case they struggle finding it on their list.

Hey, thanks for the info. Do you know if it's possible to do this rapid covid test at the border, on the other side (from Uzbekistan to Tadjikistan)? Thanks a lot in advance.

To enter in Uzbekistan, now no Pcr needed!
0 x

RollingTreeHouse

Post by RollingTreeHouse »

The testing location at the Oybek border was between the two borders, so I am pretty sure you could get a rapid test travelling in either direction.
I think it was the same at the Panjakent border, but I am not 100% sure, maybe somebody else can confirm?
Most bigger Uzbek cities will have a PCR or rapid test centre, so you might want to take a look at those.
0 x

onemap2bags

Post by onemap2bags »

RollingTreeHouse wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:26 am
The testing location at the Oybek border was between the two borders, so I am pretty sure you could get a rapid test travelling in either direction.
I think it was the same at the Panjakent border, but I am not 100% sure, maybe somebody else can confirm?
Most bigger Uzbek cities will have a PCR or rapid test centre, so you might want to take a look at those.
Thanks a lot for the info! Will let you know after crossing. 👍
0 x

richapps

Post by richapps »

I crossed the Oybek border in March and again last week. Going to Tajikistan I presented a PCR test I took in Tashkent, which they did look at and ask for in the earlier checkpoints. Coming back to Uzbekistan I just showed my American vaccine certificate although they didn't ask for it. Tashkent has several clinics offering a PCR test with results within 2-4 hours.
2 x

JulieP

Post by JulieP »

We crossed the Panjikent border yesterday to Tajikistan. We are visa free now and it went super smooth. We did have a PCR with us but was not asked for it. Neither for vaccinations. We only was pedestrians but no cars or trucks passing through. Don't know if it is possible by car or not.
5 x