Tajikistan Corona travel restrictions / e-visa issues Q&A

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
pete5330

Re: Tajikistan Corona travel restrictions / e-visa issues Q&A

Post by pete5330 »

Hello everyone,

Still no changes when I want to travel to Dushanbe when I'm vaccinated or pcr tested regarding free to move (aka no quarantine)? Looking to get the evisa by caravanistan.com and then travel in end of augustus. Doing the lap dushanbe, pamirs, dushanbe.

Regards,

Rick
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

No quarantine, just pcr test at the moment.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

pete5330

Post by pete5330 »

Thanks! Any info from recent travelers at the airport of Dushanbe? And canceled flights?
0 x

Shayshay

Re: HELP Tajikistan E-Visa US Citizen

Post by Shayshay »

emmaar wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:39 am
Yes, it is a common issue relating to Tajikistan Visa nowadays. As per their consulate in Islamabad, it will take more than two months to issue visas as due to covid they deliberately delaying the process.
Alternatively, you can apply for your consulate(embassy) visa at www.visa.gov.tj and you will get a quick response and after the embassy visit you can get your visa within few days. I did the same and tomorrow I will collect my passport back.
Thank you for your response! How can I get a visa from my nearest embassy if it’s in Washington DC and I’m in California? Can they do an evisa where they send it to your email?
0 x

Shayshay

Post by Shayshay »

steven wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 7:51 am
Hi Shayshay, you can get the e-visa through us. The situation is explained here: https://caravanistan.com/coronavirus/#tajikistan, where you can also find the link to apply for the visa.
Thank you Steve! I went ahead and filled out a form! Do you know how long it will take to process evisas now? Since my trip is on May 18, I’d like to be extra prepared of what to expect😭😭
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Shayshay wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:08 pm
steven wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 7:51 am
Hi Shayshay, you can get the e-visa through us. The situation is explained here: https://caravanistan.com/coronavirus/#tajikistan, where you can also find the link to apply for the visa.
Thank you Steve! I went ahead and filled out a form! Do you know how long it will take to process evisas now? Since my trip is on May 18, I’d like to be extra prepared of what to expect😭😭
Best to ask Khudik, since he is dealing with it. But I noticed we have had some successes so far from people who have gotten it through him, so the process seems to be working. 18th will be fine.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

04Morley

Post by 04Morley »

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if there is any movement on the opening up of land borders for Tajikistan? We want to fly to Tashkent and then make our way to Samarkand and then into Tajikistan to Dushanbe. Aiming to do this late August time - any intel / advice appreciated. Thanks.
0 x

Jealgu

Post by Jealgu »

I would say no one can predict right now. So I wouldn't plan for it. Book flight back from Tashkent and assume it will be Uzbekistan only. You can always adjust to a sidetrip to Tajikistan.

Keep in mind that you might have the hassle of arranging a pcr test twice if you end up doing this.

According to the forum a crossing to Kyrgyzstan in Fergana might be possible. If you really want to do two countries you could opt for this.
1 x

Shayshay

Post by Shayshay »

Does anyone know if you still need to show proof of negative covid test if you’re fully vaccinated? I have my vaccine card. Will that be enough when entering Dushanbe, Tajikistan?
1 x

Kalpazan

Post by Kalpazan »

Russian citizens can travel to Tajikistan with a negative PCR test not older than 72 hours or a Covid-19 vaccination certification, which is at least one month old. It is probably safe to to assume that this is valid for other nationals as well.
1 x