Tajikistan Corona travel restrictions / e-visa issues Q&A

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
cdeclip

Re: Tajikistan Corona travel restrictions / e-visa issues Q&A

Post by cdeclip »

Hello ,
We would like to go to Tadjikistan in july ( hopefully by land througj kirgi ). And we were wandering how Many days in advance should we ask for the visa and registration through the caravanistan platform ? ( how long it would take to have it when we stard the procédure ?) Thanks a lot for your help !
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

It takes a couple of days on average right now. This could change, though. If you apply a few weeks in advance it shouldn't be a problem.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

Hello, somebody know if the Visa on arrival in Dushanbe airport still suspended? Or now is woking?
0 x

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Post by Christian77 »

Iskandar wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 3:32 pm
Hello, somebody know if the Visa on arrival in Dushanbe airport still suspended? Or now is woking?
Something to note: even when it was working, Turkish Airlines in Istanbul and Avia Trafik in Bishkek were asking tourists to see their e-visas (on paper or on their phone). So you put yourself at the mercy of whoever is handing out boarding passes at the check in counter that day, or in the case of Istanbul, at the boarding gate. And even then it was inconsistent. Some reported no checks. In their defense, if you get rejected, then Turkish airlines has to take you back to Istanbul at their own expense, and bump someone from the flight if it is full.

Whatever the situation may turn out to be this summer, it is far safer to have your visa ahead of time.
0 x

Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

Christian77 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:02 pm
Iskandar wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 3:32 pm
Something to note: even when it was working, Turkish Airlines in Istanbul and Avia Trafik in Bishkek were asking tourists to see their e-visas (on paper or on their phone). So you put yourself at the mercy of whoever is handing out boarding passes at the check in counter that day, or in the case of Istanbul, at the boarding gate. And even then it was inconsistent. Some reported no checks. In their defense, if you get rejected, then Turkish airlines has to take you back to Istanbul at their own expense, and bump someone from the flight if it is full.

Whatever the situation may turn out to be this summer, it is far safer to have your visa ahead of time.
My flight to Dushnambe is from Tashkent by Uzbekistan airways, from Istanbul is to Tashkent by Turkish Airlines. Supose in the site of ask visas on embassies,https://www.visa.gov.tj/index.html#/ also is the same for airport visas, so, you have a document that this was aproved (Supose), Any report of this? The problem for the e-visas is many reports that after you make payment, the visa never arrive. And use one third part, they give but if ypu buy a tour with them (I supose).
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

A tour operator just messaged me this : "I just got confirmation from Kyrgyz border officials that Bor Dobo crossing between Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan is open for tourists on both sides."
1 x

Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

steven wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 12:35 pm
A tour operator just messaged me this : "I just got confirmation from Kyrgyz border officials that Bor Dobo crossing between Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan is open for tourists on both sides."
Is open for all nationalities or only for the liste 31 countries?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Iskandar wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 7:51 pm
steven wrote:
I have been told it is open for all nationalities.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

steven wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 5:29 am
Iskandar wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 7:51 pm
steven wrote:
I have been told it is open for all nationalities.
Update: Talked to a Tajik tour operator, he said the Bor Dobo border is only open for tourists leaving Tajikistan, not entering. And that only 32 nationalities are allowed to enter KG.
0 x

Lisamay4

Post by Lisamay4 »

Thank you! Is the United States one of the 32 countries?
0 x