Tajikistan Corona travel restrictions / e-visa issues Q&A

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Re: Tajikistan Corona travel restrictions / e-visa issues Q&A

Post by Christian77 »

After claiming no Covid-19 cases for almost 5 months, the Tajikistan Ministry of Health finally had to admit that there are still cases after a Saudi citizen and several United Nations employees fell ill (the UNICEF office is actually transparent, and they announced to to the rest of the organization). https://www.ozodi.org/a/31262809.html That can't be kept quiet.

Still, cases are few, despite the government not actually being honest about the pandemic. Hopefully cases remain at this low level and none of the bad variants start circulating.
1 x

Traveler78

Post by Traveler78 »

End of July I´m planning to travel the Pamir Highway from Dushanbe to Osh. For entering into Kyrgzistan is required a negative PCR test no older than 72 hrs. Now is the question where to make that test? In Murghab? On the border? I`m alread vaccinated. Would it be possible to cross the border with a vaccination certificate?
0 x

rmartid

Post by rmartid »

Hi, I'm an Spanish national wishing to do the Pamir Highway this summer in August. I've read that entering Tajikistan from Kyrgyzstan through Kyzyl-Art Pass (Bor Dobo Border) by land is now restricted to 32 nationalities in which mine is not included. Is there any update regarding this? Otherwise, would you recommend doing the route the other way around (Dushambe-Osh)? I've read entering Kyrgyzstan from Tajikistan would be actually possible. Thank you very much.
0 x

Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

rmartid wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:55 pm
Hi, I'm an Spanish national wishing to do the Pamir Highway this summer in August. I've read that entering Tajikistan from Kyrgyzstan through Kyzyl-Art Pass (Bor Dobo Border) by land is now restricted to 32 nationalities in which mine is not included. Is there any update regarding this? Otherwise, would you recommend doing the route the other way around (Dushambe-Osh)? I've read entering Kyrgyzstan from Tajikistan would be actually possible. Thank you very much.
Hola, creo que es al revez. De Tajikistan a Kyrgyztan. Tajikistan hasta el momento solo permite ir en avión. Podrías ir de Tajikistan a Kyrgyztan por tierra pero tienes q estar entre las 33 nacionalidades.
Is not posible go to Tajikistan overland, only can leave to Kyrgystan from Pamir Highway, but Kyrygyztan only allow 33 nationalities.
0 x

Nicole

Post by Nicole »

Hey everyone, just wanted to give an update now that I’m on the ground here in Tajikistan. E-visa system still isn’t processing visas, so you’ll need someone to push it through as has been stated before (Khudik or tour operator).

I flew to Dushanbe from Kabul with Kam Air on 9 June. My covid PCR was needed to check in for the flight as well as the copy of my e-visa. (Side note: I was told by the testing facility that Tajikistan required PCR’s to be no older than 48 hrs from departure. I’m not sure if this is the requirement for all arrivals to Tajikistan or if that just for arrivals from Afghanistan.) On arrival in Dushanbe it’s a little chaotic as usual. You want to first grab a migration card that are found on the counter against the wall right in front of where you come down off the escalator. Fill it out and then walk to one of the 3 tables where your information will be taken down and you will be given a covid nasal swab before continuing on to immigration.

The other update I figured I’d mention is that last night in Dushanbe there was a meeting between Emomoli Rahmon and Shavkat Mirziyoyev and I was told that they announced that the Sarezm border (Panjakent-Samarkand) would be opening 15 June.
4 x

zylet

Post by zylet »

Good morning,

I am coming to Tajikistan in one week. I have evisa,and I know that i need PCR-RT test.
I read that i need original PCR-RT test which means I need test with stamp-not printed from printer. Is it true? Because it is very chaostic - everywhere you can get result by internet and dont have come back to laboratory just to get a stamp to prove that it is original.

Thank you in advance for the replies!
0 x

Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

zylet wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:57 pm
Good morning,

I am coming to Tajikistan in one week. I have evisa,and I know that i need PCR-RT test.
I read that i need original PCR-RT test which means I need test with stamp-not printed from printer. Is it true? Because it is very chaostic - everywhere you can get result by internet and dont have come back to laboratory just to get a stamp to prove that it is original.

Thank you in advance for the replies!
Hello, the e-visa now is working or you had contacted tour operator for get i?
If you flght from Istanbul, the PCR on airport will give in paper also. (I found this info on the Istanbul Airport website).

Thank you
1 x

sion_sanky

Post by sion_sanky »

Hello,
Are the land borders of Tajikistan open yet? And in case it is not possible to get evisa due to long turnaround times, is it better to get a sticker visa from the Tajikistan embassy in Tashkent? Planning for a trip in July end.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Bor Dobo is open in direction Kyrgyzstan for 32 nationalities - see https://caravanistan.com/coronavirus for details
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

maya30

Post by maya30 »

Hey guys I was hoping you could help me work my head around what's going on with all the broder crossings. I understand the the tajik-kirgyz boder is only open from the tajik side but what about the samarkand- panjakent border? is it open? can you cross from the uzbek side to tajikistan? and what kind of tests do you need to do before entering any of these countries?
0 x