Kazakh/Uzbek Border Open? Kaplanbek

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
Devidyal

Kazakh/Uzbek Border Open? Kaplanbek

Post by Devidyal »

We're currently living in Almaty and want to drive to Uzbekistan in July. I contacted the US Embassy and they assured me the land border is open, but when I read this forum it gives me the distinct feeling the land border is closed. I looked at the e-visa site and it didn't say anything about borders being closed, it even asked me which border we would be entering. We plan on applying tomorrow. Can anyone confirm if we are wasting our time? Are we going to drive there and be turned away by a closed border? Thanks.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Kazakh/Uzbek Border Open? Kaplanbek

Post by steven »

I am just reporting things I hear or read from elsewhere. I haven't read the Kazakh border being open, but that doesn't mean it isn't so. You can try calling the Kazakh border police. I only have the number of the Karkara Valley border post, but maybe they can already tell you more or refer you onwards

+7 72777 25559
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Devidyal

Re: Kazakh/Uzbek Border Open? Kaplanbek

Post by Devidyal »

Thank you! We have applied for our visas and we are going to go for it. We should be crossing the border approximately July 7th. I will make a post with an update about it.
1 x