Mand - Pishin border crossing (IR -> PAK)

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Mand - Pishin border crossing (IR -> PAK)

Post by steven »

This thread gathers all questions and experiences on the Mand - Pishin border crossing between Iran and Pakistan.

Have a look first at the Iran - Pakistan border crossing article before posting.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

janonline

Mand - Pishin border crossing (IR -> PAK)

Post by janonline »

Hi Kathi,

I plan to cross that border later this year or in Jan 2018 and have also read it's difficult. Only glimmer of hope I have is the announced opening of two more border crossings, one of them way further south in Pishin, here: https://financialtribune.com/articles/e ... tan-border and here: https://timesofislamabad.com/pakistan-i ... 017/02/22/

I admit that I've found no further evidence that those are already open (to non-Iranians/Pakistanis) but if they were they'd allow us to stay away from the border area with Afghanistan and perhaps go directly to Karachi? Ideally without military "protection" :)

Has anyone more info about this?
Take care everyone and safe travel!
Jan
Last edited by janonline on Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1 x

SPR11

Re: Iran Pakistan border crossing

Post by SPR11 »

I think those borders are only open for trade purposes. Under current policy, you always have to go to Quetta anyway, to get a NOC for Balochistan., anyway. So at those borders you'd probably get security, too. But again, I don't think they're open to the public.
0 x
Ramblings about our Asian journies at www.lostwithpurpose.com
There's some useful info too.

janonline

Re: Iran Pakistan border crossing

Post by janonline »

Thanks for the input! A Pakistani embassy official told me today that the Pishin/Mand border crossing is not yet open. Could take 10 days or 2 years before that happens.
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Got this message over social media today:

We travel with the van in Pakistan and try to cross Mand-Pishin today. It's open for all tourists, local and international. But only pedestrians. Impossible to cross with the car because of the Iranian side. They say they don't have the system to register the car. So people come with the bus from Pakistan, walk across, and get another bus in Iran.
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

newtourist

Post by newtourist »

Great news, i will try to cross this border or Gwadar border in May.
I know there are bus services and flights from Karachi to Gwadar and also Turbat, but will they let foreigners use the bus? Is NOC required?
0 x

Steve.M

Post by Steve.M »

steven wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:36 am
Got this message over social media today:

We travel with the van in Pakistan and try to cross Mand-Pishin today. It's open for all tourists, local and international. But only pedestrians. Impossible to cross with the car because of the Iranian side. They say they don't have the system to register the car. So people come with the bus from Pakistan, walk across, and get another bus in Iran.
Hey Steven, did you hear of this traveller’s crossing was successful? I’m hoping to cross the border here in the coming month (U.K citizen)
0 x

Roadtophnompenh

Post by Roadtophnompenh »

They were refused to cross that border with a camper van, and sended back to Taftan about 1500 kms around, i am following them for months on youtube: Pierogi travel, nice polish couple !!
0 x

monkeybehindbars

Post by monkeybehindbars »

Does that mean then, that the border is open for cyclists?
0 x

ceciliapignocchi

Post by ceciliapignocchi »

Can you pass this border cycling?
0 x