When will Azerbaijan open its borders?

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
tr8lina

Re: When will Azerbaijan open its borders?

Post by tr8lina »

agshin wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:19 am
Updated 11 DEC 2023: In Azerbaijan, quarantine due to pandemic has been officially extended until 2 April 2024. Land (sea) borders will still be closed for entry of individuals, only be open for leaving foreigners
Are you sure that it is possible to leave via land? What about the ferry from Alat to Turkmenistan, is it working?
I got a message from an agent in Ashgabat saying "However, kindly note, that ferry from Baku is closed from Azerbaijan site and we don’t know when it will be open exactly."

Thanks!
0 x

agshin

Post by agshin »

About the ferry they might be right, because there is a problem with arriving boats - some of them cannot approach the coast,, Caspia's water level dropped. Needs to be double checked.
About leaving via land. It is possible BUT for foreigners.
0 x
Agshin

agshin

Post by agshin »

[/quote]
Does somebody know any company which can do the shipping of a car from Aktau to Baku port and who do all the customs paperwork? So we can fly by plane from Aktau to Baku?
[/quote]
Please read my reply above, there is a problem with the level of Caspia. So, plz check it first
0 x
Agshin

SGA

Post by SGA »

Hello everyone. I am looking to drive from Karachi to St. Petersburg next month. This entails a drive from Tehran to Baku and then to Tbilisi. I am confused about the conflicting reports of Azerbaijan being accessible by road or not. Some sites say no, but then there are videos and stories of people having gone last year. can someone pls help. Thanks in advance
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

Ask those who say they've done it how they did it. Maybe they shipped their car separately and flew in, as alluded to in the thread above. Maybe they were one of the very few who got in because someone screwed up and let them on the ferry when they shouldn't have, and the authorities took pity and decided not to deport them.
0 x

adi

Post by adi »

When will Azerbaijan open its borders?
None too soon Georgia-Azerbaijan Land Border to Remain Closed until July 2024
0 x

Anya123

Re: Azerbaijan - georgia border open for exit?

Post by Anya123 »

Apologies as this question already appears to have been answered but I'm finding conflicting reports/information.
Is it possible to (legally) exit Azerbaijan, into Georgia, by land? I have a UK passport and speak a little Russian. I was considering the overnight train from Baku to Tbilisi but this does not seem to be running. So my second choice is getting a bus to Balaken, bus/taxi to the border and then get a bus/taxi the other side, to Tbilisi. Does anyone know if this is possible at the moment?
The UK Foreign Office currently advises on its Azerbaijan age: "The land borders between Georgia and Azerbaijan are temporarily closed" but I cannot tell if this is oversimplification of the situation, i.e. is it possible to exit Azerbaijan by land into Georgia but not enter?

Thanks in advance!
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

Exit by land is permitted. Entrance by land is not.
0 x

Anya123

Post by Anya123 »

bwv812 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:50 am
Exit by land is permitted. Entrance by land is not.
Thank you so much!
0 x

Ccandelario430

Post by Ccandelario430 »

Is there any update on this other than that one Georgian newspaper? I can't find any official sources saying the closure has been extended.
0 x