The Caravanistan Border Crossing Map

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: The Caravanistan Border Crossing Map

Post by steven »

sebhoff wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:43 pm
Also, the information copied in my first reply in this thread doesn't seem to be reflected in what's on your Kyrgyzstan page, where it still says that the crossings near Tokmok are bilateral. Is that intentional - e.g. because you haven't verified the info?
Totally missed that! I updated it now with the usual caveats (this is what we have read, looking for confirmation).

Thanks, keep em coming!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Jimmmmm

Post by Jimmmmm »

HI,
If anyone knows.
Will be crossing from Khujhand Tajikistan to Kokand >Andijan Uzbeckistan.
Is this Konibodum crossing functioning for foreigners.
Regards,Thanks in advance.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Hi Jimmmmm, the border crossings articles have been updated after a long absence of mine, as is the border crossing map. So you can read all about how to cross Konibodom there, it is up to date again. See the link at the top of this page.
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

OWNER

Post by OWNER »

Border crossing from Uzbekistan to Tajikistan. Oybek - Fotekhobod.

https://youtu.be/4_JSrBGPa8k

The text in the video is in Russian, this is a mechanical translation.

I welcome all viewers of the Autotravel channel and bring to your attention a video description of the border crossing between Uzbekistan and Tajikistan. The recording was made on the DVR on May 16, 2022, when I went to the Pamirs for the first time. The date and time on the registrar are set accurately and you yourself can judge how quickly you can cross this border.

The Oybek international automobile checkpoint is located about a hundred kilometers from the center of Tashkent, the capital of the Republic of Uzbekistan. Moving south along the R20 road (as it is marked on Google maps), you will see a stationary traffic police post, they are quite common in Uzbekistan. Strictly observing all the rules of the road, we pass through this post. Police officers are visible on the left, behind the oncoming traffic, they did not stop me. Then we turn around at the very first break of the dividing strip and after a hundred meters we turn right.

Literally immediately, the Oybek border checkpoint becomes visible. Immediately, smart guys run up to the car with an offer to exchange currency. I don't know if it's legal, I haven't used their services.

Since now I am leaving Uzbekistan, no registration procedures are taking place, only the presence of a passport is checked. We drive to the terminal building, get out of the car and head to passport control. Customs clearance for the temporary importation of a car takes place right there, but this is a big name for a procedure that takes seconds - the customs officer simply enters into the database a mark that you are leaving the country.

After that, the car is inspected, everything happens quite quickly, you can see for yourself how long it took the inspection of the car that was ahead of me. Pay special attention to the fact that on the leaflet that you will be given when crossing the border, all stamps (passport control, customs, inspection) are put. You will have to give this leaflet to the guard at the exit from the territory of the checkpoint, and if there is not at least one seal, you will have to return back to the terminal. The Oybek checkpoint is famous for its slovenliness regarding these seals.

All. Uzbekistan passed, ahead of a short stretch of neutral territory and the gate to Tajikistan. This is the international automobile checkpoint "Photohobod". First of all, immediately after entering, the car is sanitized. After passing through the sanitizer, you need to park the car on the sidelines, go into the room for issuing documents about the dignity. processing and pay its cost - approximately 3 US dollars. You should be given two certificates, be sure to take them, they may ask you on the way back, at the exit from Tajikistan.

Now we go further, to the next building, for customs clearance, passport control and inspection. The customs procedure dragged on the longest for me, but only because freight transport is also processed there. In no case should you lose the customs document on temporary importation received in your hands, it will have to be handed over when leaving Tajikistan.

Another point that deserves attention - At this checkpoint there is a bank branch where you can change the currency for local money - somoni.

Now, with three certificates in hand and somoni in your pocket, you can safely enter Tajikistan. Adventures will not keep you waiting - Pay attention to the man in civilian dark clothes and a light panama that is walking in front. This is an operational officer of the Tajik criminal investigation department, who wants to immediately search my car. What came of it - read on my blog.
1 x

OWNER

Post by OWNER »

Tajikistan - Uzbekistan. Crossing the border by car. Checkpoints Patar - Andarkhon.

https://youtu.be/UhfmzgikKYM
0 x

SalSalFR

Post by SalSalFR »

Yeah ! I am really glad that you made it back Steven ! And really happy to see the updates !
Thank you man, and have a nice day !
1 x

OWNER

Post by OWNER »

My attempt to make a map of border crossings for Central Asia. The own experience of crossing some checkpoints is indicated. Perhaps my information will be useful for Caravanistan. I would be very grateful for your comments and suggestions.

0 x

SalSalFR

Post by SalSalFR »

OWNER wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:47 pm
My attempt to make a map of border crossings for Central Asia. The own experience of crossing some checkpoints is indicated. Perhaps my information will be useful for Caravanistan. I would be very grateful for your comments and suggestions.

Everything is in russian, is that normal ?
0 x

Chundzha Traveler

Post by Chundzha Traveler »

sebhoff wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:11 am

Remote Kegen border doesn not close every year anymore. That is old info about closing at winter until May.
Now Kegen border works whole year.Only its working hours is until sunset everyday ( at light time of the day).

We just crossed the Karkara border near Kegen. They confirmed that they are open year round from 8 AM to 6 PM every day. The road from Kegen to the border has been newly paved. The road from the border towards Tup in Kyrgyzstan is under construction. They are widening it and planning to pave it as well. A short section is already paved near San Tash.
2 x