Iran travel safety Q&A

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Iran travel safety Q&A

Postby steven » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:39 am

Not sure what you mean, quite a lot of advice on their page for non-dual citizens... The map is green except on the border. There is danger of flooding, terrorist attacks and demonstrations I read there.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Tartine

Re: Iran travel safety Q&A

Postby Tartine » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:20 pm

I can confirm that it's very safe. I am not UK/US though of course.

I would really encourage this country as a first time travel to Central Asia. people are friendly and there's so much to see. Been there twice already.
If you are a train fan (like me) you'll be happy to hear that the train to Turkey is back. Travel by train within Iran is also very nice, trains are comfortable and cheap especially by western standards...though they do get full very quickly!

There's some areas to avoid:
- Border with Irak and borders in general like in many countries. Holy city of Mashad is perfectly safe though.
- South-East (Balochistan) is not considered a safe place at all.
- South (Bandar Abbas - Kuzhestan) I would also consider seriously given the current situation.
0 x