M41 Pamir Highway / Kyzyl Art Pass border crossing procedure Q&A

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
Andrea1989

M41 Pamir Highway / Kyzyl Art Pass border crossing procedure Q&A

Post by Andrea1989 »

Hello! Can you tell me if the border between Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan is open?

Thank you in advance!
0 x

Rufio

Re: Border crossing Tajikistan/Kyrgyzstan

Post by Rufio »

No. Probably it will be like Armenia/Azerbaijan for future, no entry, I wouldn't be surprised.
0 x

danto1

Post by danto1 »

no more Pamir Highway travel from Dushanbe to Osh ? 😢
1 x

willemspie

Post by willemspie »

No
0 x

Nazrulo

Post by Nazrulo »

Hello there

At this point in time, all land borders between Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan (due to the border dispute) remain closed. Also there is no flight operating between the two countries since the last two years. We may get some updates regarding the land border in the near future (after the New Year holiday) as some talks between authorities are going on.
2 x

willmason101

Land Border Crossings from Kyrgyzstan to Tajikistan

Post by willmason101 »

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone knew what the land border situation is like between Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan as I am hoping to drive between them this coming Spring?

I'm a UK citizen and the offical UK Government Website states "Land border crossings between Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan, China and Afghanistan are officially closed to foreign travellers." - https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements

Does anyone know if this is actually the case please? As my cousin and I would like to do the Pamir Highway via Kygyzstan (beginning the trip in Almaty and finishing up in Dushanbe).

Any help anyone could give would be much appreciated!

Will
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Re: Land Border Crossings from Kyrgyzstan to Tajikistan

Post by bwv812 »

All borders between the two countries are closed, have been closed since border clashes between the two countries erupted in 2021, and are likely to remain closed for the foreseeable future.
1 x

David Wieder

Kyrgyzstan-Tajikistan border open in 2023?

Post by David Wieder »

Hello folks,

I’d like to drive from Osh to Uzbekistan along the Pamir Highway at the end of August this year. Does anyone know if the borders are open? I’m concerned about the conflict between Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan last year causing a closure, or maybe they’re still closed from Covid? What about the border between Tajikistan and Uzbekistan?

Thanks
0 x

willemspie

Re: Kyrgyzstan-Tajikistan border open in 2023?

Post by willemspie »

Osh to Uzbekistan is open, Uzbekistan to Tadjikistan also, no problem. Osh to Tadjikistan (Pamir Highway) is closed.
0 x

Suba-Round-The-World

Re: Kyrgyzstan-Tajikistan border open in 2023?

Post by Suba-Round-The-World »

The german ministry of foreign affair writes the follwing:

"According to information from the Kyrgyz authorities, tourists can again cross the Kyrgyz-Tajik border at selected border crossings. This requires a permit from the border authorities, which can be obtained from local tour operators."

I don't know, which borders are possible to cross and if anybody tried it in the last weeks.
0 x