Iraq - Traveling with your own car

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
sonja_2007

Post by sonja_2007 »

Hello, has anyone traveled by car from Turkey to Iraq with a private car, how is the question? From Iraq, we are thinking of continuing to Kuwait, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Oman.
0 x

OWNER

Re: ИРАК -ПЪТУВАНЕ СЪС СОБСТВЕН АВТОМОБИЛ

Post by OWNER »

Здравейте! Как сте?
I will continue in English, since this is the official language of the site.
I wanted to ride a similar route in 2020, but from Kazakhstan, Alma-Ata. I couldn't do it because it's very difficult to get visas for Iraq and Saudi Arabia. Perhaps you, as a citizen of the European Union, will be able to do this. You can see my adventures on this issue here.https://roadstravel.ru/kazakhstan-emirates-trip/
And in the UAE and Oman, I drove my car when I lived there in 2002-2004. There are some videos about driving in these countries here. https://roadstravel.ru/эмираты/
And then I went to live in Bulgaria, Sofia. But that's a completely different story...)))
Всичко хубаво!
1 x

Kalpazan

Post by Kalpazan »

Wow, now there are three of us on the forum :)
1 x

sonja_2007

Post by sonja_2007 »

OWNER wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:38 am
Здравейте! Как сте?
I will continue in English, since this is the official language of the site.
I wanted to ride a similar route in 2020, but from Kazakhstan, Alma-Ata. I couldn't do it because it's very difficult to get visas for Iraq and Saudi Arabia. Perhaps you, as a citizen of the European Union, will be able to do this. You can see my adventures on this issue here.https://roadstravel.ru/kazakhstan-emirates-trip/
And in the UAE and Oman, I drove my car when I lived there in 2002-2004. There are some videos about driving in these countries here. https://roadstravel.ru/эмираты/
And then I went to live in Bulgaria, Sofia. But that's a completely different story...)))
Всичко хубаво!
ЗДРАВСТВУЙТЕ,СПАСИБО ДЛЯ ИНФОРМАЦИИ.
ПРОШЛОМ ГОДУ В ОКТЯБРЕ MЬI БЬIЛИ В КАЗАХСТАНЕ НА НАША МАШИНА.Проехали через Грузии,Русия Казахстан,Киргистан,Таджикистан,Узбекистан и снова в Казахстан ,Русия,Туркей,Болгарии.Все двацат тьiсяч километра.Сейчес будем организировать поездке Ирак,Кувейт,Саудит Араби,Катар,ОЕД и Оман.Я не знаю ест ли возможно,но попробуем.Тепер начинаем говорит с посольства ети государства.Буду писать обезательно что случилось дальше.Надеюс,что понимаете мой "руский"
0 x

sonja_2007

Post by sonja_2007 »

Kalpazan wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:42 pm
Wow, now there are three of us on the forum :)
Радвам се,че има и други желаещи.Бяхме в Таджикистан октомври 2022 с наш автомобил.Прекрасни впечатления,прекрасна държава.Сега мислим да се отправим към Ирак,Кувейт,Каатар,Бахрейн,Саудитка арабия,ОАЕ и Оман.Дано да ни се получи пътешествието.Всяка информация ще ни е от полза.
1 x

OWNER

Post by OWNER »

sonja_2007 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:32 am
Буду писать обезательно что случилось дальше.Надеюс,что понимаете мой "руский"
Not only do I understand your Russian well, I easily understand Bulgarian too. Като куче - всичко разбирам, не говорим. )) Be sure to let me know how your business progresses. If you can go, say hello to my daughter, she lives in Dubai, but she remembers Sophia (площад Журналист) very well. ))
1 x

sonja_2007

Re: Iraq - Traveling with your own car

Post by sonja_2007 »

Ще пиша за подготовката.Запланували сме пътуването за октомври.Ще трябва да подготвим много визи,да разберем как е пътуването и има ли ограничения за пътуване със собствен автомобил.През 2018 ходихме в Иран със собствен автомобил и нямаше проблем.Бяхме си изкарали карнет дьо пасаж и всичко беше наред.Изкарахме си и международни книжки.Надявам се с тоя карнет да можем да пътуваме и в тия държави,които сме си набелязали сега.Ако някой е пътувал с кола, може да сподели.Ще ни бъде от полза всяка информация.
0 x

PeterM

Post by PeterM »

Dear Sonja,

if you enter Iraq from Turkey, you will enter the Kurdish part of Iraq.
At the border, you will get a Kurdish Visa on arrival.
With this Visa, you can not drive into the non-Kurdish part of Iraq.
There is currently no possibility to get a real Iraq Visa on Arrival at the Turkish-Iraq border.

Peter
1 x

Lagerfeld

Post by Lagerfeld »

Peter, you are right.
I was in Iraqi Kurdistan with my camper and I liked it very much, but impossible to go to Baghdad, Mosul and so on.

0 x

sonja_2007

Post by sonja_2007 »

PeterM wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:38 pm
Dear Sonja,

if you enter Iraq from Turkey, you will enter the Kurdish part of Iraq.
At the border, you will get a Kurdish Visa on arrival.
With this Visa, you can not drive into the non-Kurdish part of Iraq.
There is currently no possibility to get a real Iraq Visa on Arrival at the Turkish-Iraq border.

Peter
Благодаря за информацията.Ще е жалко,ако не можем да посетим и другата част на Ирак, но все пак ако можем да стигнем до Кувейт,Саудитска арабия и другите държави, ще е добре.
0 x