Korday border Kazakhstan

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Korday border Kazakhstan

Postby steven » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:17 am

Please read and post reports on the Kordai border crossing between Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan below.

We summarize all info on the Kazakhstan border crossings and Kyrgyzstan border crossings pages.
0 x
Traveling: limited internet access 6-23 July.

If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Leelicious

Korday border Kazakhstan

Postby Leelicious » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:33 am

Crossed the border 3 days ago and it went smooth as always.
What is worth mentioning is that there was a Polish guy in front of me who talked his way into the country without a visa.
Polish citizens need a visa for Kazakhstan. But he just told the immigration that he gets 15 days on arrival.
Immigration officer didn't bother discussing it and gave him the stamp with 2 stamps on the registration card.
Mister Poland hopes he gets the same treatment when he leaves the country.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:39 am

Ballsy move. Had to be a Polish guy, of course. :-)
0 x
Traveling: limited internet access 6-23 July.

If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

irishmcbride

Postby irishmcbride » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:06 pm

Crossed yesterday going south into Kyrgyzstan, no problem at all for the other three in my group but my own Kazakh border guard had never seen a UK passport before and didn't know we don't need a visa! Cue 10 minutes of discussion before she went off to ask her boss, then stamped my passport with no questions.

On the Kyrgyz side of the river they barely glanced, but Top Tip: knock on the shiny door immediately before the booths on the left, they deal with your passport in there.

Bonus, the guy at the little desk on the Kazakh side of the bridge wants to see your passport because he likes looking at passport stamps, he's a friendly guy. I think he's only there to control the porters.
0 x

Kit.law.70

Postby Kit.law.70 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:29 am

Crossed Kordai several days ago and experienced some issue when entering Ak-zhol border checkpoint in Kyrgyzstan.

I am a HKSAR passport holder and holding an single entry electronic visa. Officers in Ak-zhol insisted that they do not process E-visa in Ak-zhol, and asked me to go to another border checkpoint in Ak-Tilek(Karasu in Kazakh side), 20km East of Ak-zhol.

I was deported back to Kordai and found a taxi towards Karasu, crossed border in Ak-Tilek and everything works fine.

Yesterday I left Kyrgyzstan in Ak-zhol with the same e-visa and I am allowed to cross the border again. Not sure what was happening.
2 x