Uzbekistan closed 20 Aug - 5 Sep

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
finaltransit

Re: Uzbekistan closed 20 Aug - 5 Sep

Post by finaltransit »

I crossed from Dushanbe to Termiz yesterday without any problem.
0 x

Munas

Post by Munas »

Hy travel buddies!

Just a bit off topic sorry, but does anyone know if i could get some Diesel at the moment in Uzbekistan cause harvest time?
And would i be allowed to take with me some Diesel in jerrycans via borders from Kyrgyzstan to Uzbekistan or even from Kyrgyzstan to Tajikistan?

Cheers and have safe travels!
Thomas
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Munas

Post by Munas »

Excellent!
Thanks Steven!!
1 x

Rolof Stolk

Post by Rolof Stolk »

Crossed from Tashkent to Shymkent tofay. Uzbek and Kazakh people told me that till the 4th of September you can not cross the border to Uzbekistan from Shymkent. I don't know if it also counts for foreigners. Leaving Uzbekistan does not seem a problem.
1 x

ATO

Post by ATO »

We crossed from Osh into Uzbekistan by Dostyk this morning without problems. The customs officers searched bags, including all photos on our phones, very thoroughly. The taxi drivers on the Uzbek side recommended us not to go to Andijon to get a bus onwards as we had planned, because of the official mourning (?) so we went straight to Fergana and on to Kokand from there. It did seem as if certain roads were completely closed around Andijon. Lots of checkpoints and we had to 'register' our passport details twice with roadside police.
1 x

affro

Post by affro »

Yesterday, 6th of September, we passed from Osh to Andijon through Dustlyk. Bag search took place, medicines/drugs were also inspected thoroughly. Officers struggled with Linux on my laptop, therefore they just asked whether it contains video or images :). Everything was correct, we smiled, they smiled :).

We passed the border eventhough we have been told us that the border is closed by guys in Kyrgyzstan. Dustlyk is closed, but for locals.

We have changed CNY to Uzbek Soms just before crossing in reasonable rate (10 CNY = 8300 Som) we have been given 5000 Som notes. Firstly, we suspected them to be forged, because all sources only mention 1000 Som notes, but nobody have not complained, so they are probably genuine. We negotiated taxi to Andijon for 15 000 Som per person. It took us two checkpoints to get to Andijon, but they only recorded our names and passport numbers into some registration notebook.

Take care
aff.
1 x

dopyt

Post by dopyt »

I crossed from kazakhstan to uzbekistan today without a n y problems at all. Since i'm gay i was a bit concerned about my phone being checked and some nudeys of my boyfriend found in my messanger apps. But they only scanned my two bags and then i was invited to walk freely into uzbekistan. I guess they will hardcore control me when i'm leaving the country again though.
Started in shymkent at 1pm, arrived in tashkent at 4pm. Shared taxi from kolos in shymkent after a nice and easy stay at ShymCity hostel, >>gogol street south of tauke khan, then small lane towards east, sorry for the advert but this place is quite new and in no guidebook yet. And winter's coming so supporting her now would be good!
1 x

Munas

Post by Munas »

Entered the Pamir Highway from Osh to Tajikistan at September 3rd. According to the Austrian Consulat in Bishkek Tajik borders should be closed until September 10th. Absolutely not true. Everything was fine!

Best and luck to you all travellers in Central Asia!
Thomas
1 x

Scribetrotter

Post by Scribetrotter »

I see several mentions of border guards (Osh to Uzbekistan) searching bags and especially looking at photos. What exactly are they looking for? I'm not sure what I should be deleting. I also have all sorts of chargers, a GPS etc etc. I'd appreciate some details so I can prepare... thanks!
0 x