Uch Kurgan border crossing UZ-KG

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Uch Kurgan border crossing UZ-KG

Postby steven » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:48 am

Please read and post reports on the Uchkurgan border crossing between Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan below.

We summarize all info on the Uzbekistan border crossings and Kyrgyzstan border crossings pages.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

magunkutjan

Uch Kurgan border crossing UZ-KG

Postby magunkutjan » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:14 pm

We crossed the Uch-Kurgan border on the 25th June. We cycled from Uzbekistan to Kyrgyzstan. The border is open between 8am and 8pm every day. The guards were nice on both sides. We had some questions where we slept, what did we see, but they didn't checked our registrations forms of the hotels. They checked the bags a bit as well. They were thorough but very polite and nice. On the kyrgyz side we spent only 10 minutes, just a stamp and they were checking if we needed a visa.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Border crossing from Kyrgyzstan to Uzbekistan

Postby steven » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:16 am

thanks, I have also found Uch Kurgan pretty easy going when we visited in April.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:13 am

I got the following e-mail:

just to say you the boarder cross of uch kogan in ouzbekistan is closed since 6 month and for i don t know the time, exatly it s the border cross kirgiz who are close so you can not cross by this way.

More information needed, but for now I marked it on the map as closed.
0 x

ab577ab577

Postby ab577ab577 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:23 am

steven wrote:I got the following e-mail:

just to say you the boarder cross of uch kogan in ouzbekistan is closed since 6 month and for i don t know the time, exatly it s the border cross kirgiz who are close so you can not cross by this way.

Hello all,

Does anyone have any more recent information or advice about the Uch-Kurgan crossing? A friend and I are hoping to travel (this September) from Uzbek into Kyrgystan at this crossing.

Many thanks.
0 x

Fede

Postby Fede » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:32 pm

We crossed the boarder at Uchkurgan some days ago (15th Nov 2017) It was no problem at all. On the kirgis side was a long quew, but being a foreigner they let us go first (which saved us 1-2 h). The stuff at the boarder was very kind. On the osbek side they checked our cellphone, i-pad etc which took half an hour. But they where always friendly, and at the end they helped us to catch a taxi at a good pice to Andejan.
ab577ab577 wrote:
steven wrote:I got the following e-mail:

Hello all,

Does anyone have any more recent information or advice about the Uch-Kurgan crossing? A friend and I are hoping to travel (this September) from Uzbek into Kyrgystan at this crossing.

Many thanks.
2 x