Border crossings reports: Dostyk/Dustlyk (Uzbekistan/Kyrgyzstan)

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
bonvoyage

Re: Border crossings reports: Dostyk/Dustlyk (Uzbekistan/Kyrgyzstan)

Post by bonvoyage »

sebhoff wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:59 am
This is what it looks like:

So it *does* say PCR-Test (well - PSR... :P ), but I strongly suspect it isn't.
In your situation, I guess I would do a real PCR-test in Osh.
Sebastian
Sorry for the late response. I changed my plans and cancelled the flight, which was a good thing. Because my test document correctly stated the test was an antigen test and not PCR. So it wouldnt have been accepted at the airport for sure. I guess they corrected what's written on the paper since you crossed. (I did see your picture before it was deleted)
Sorry, I wont be uploading mine, but it was identical to the one uploaded by you, except that it stated antigen instead of PCR.
0 x

Jake

Post by Jake »

Crossed the border from Uzbekistan to Kyrgyzstan on January 11th with US passport. Uzbek side didn't check test results or anything, just asked questions about what I plan to do in Osh and whether I plan to come back. Entering into Kyrgyzstan from the no-man's land a health official in a medical suit checked my printed PCR test results (details below) and then let the border guards take care of the rest.

I got the PCR test at a lab in Andijan the previous day, turn-around time is 6-10 hours, price 110,000 Uzbek so'm:
Lab Name: Sog’lom Tabassum Diagnostic Markazi
Address: 109-B Bobur Shox street, at the intersection of Bobur and Uzbekistan boulevards (on the opposite side of the street from the larger Xolis clinic.)
Phone: +998 95 204 01 50
Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/8BfCSDkXmqq4wqaW8

According to friends who crossed the border just a few days before, it's also possible to get a "rapid PCR/PSR test" done at the testing stations at the border for a similar price.
3 x

Jake

Post by Jake »

Crossed the border from Kyrgyzstan to Uzbekistan on January 19th. Left Kyrgyzstan with a US passport and entered Uzbekistan with an Israeli passport (no visa required for 30 day visits.) The passport control on the Uzbek side was pretty confused by the whole dual-nationality thing, and it involved additional questioning and some 40 minutes of waiting (during which I assume they made some calls,) but they eventually let me in. The Uzbek side was not interested in my vaccination card, they said that test results are required either way.

I didn't want to spend time on the rapid test at the border, so I got a PCR test done the previous day in Osh, price was 1,600 Kyrgyz som:
Lab Name: Laboratoriya Bonetskogo (Лаборатория Бонецкого)
Address: 226 Kurmanzhan Datka street
Phone: +996551033070
Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/7JeJPS7MaUbgoMFg9
They actually have multiple locations in Osh, which you can see on their website: https://www.intelmed.kg/ru/osh. They even provide a service of coming to wherever you're residing to take the test.
4 x

safwan

Post by safwan »

Is it still open 24 Hours?
0 x

missmax8

Post by missmax8 »

As backpackers we crossed this border on 27th May from Uzbekistan -> Kyrgyzistan. It was quick and easy, no check of vaccine or pcr.
On the kyrgyz side they are doing some construction work. There was a lot of people waiting and no shadow so we had to stand in the sun during a very hot day. One can possibly have this in mind when planning ;)
1 x

Nuelo

Post by Nuelo »

Crossed from Uzpekistan to Kyrgyzstan 8th of June. Finnish and Mexican passport holders. In uzpek side they were scanning our passport 10 min and then stamped them. No registration slips asked. Kyrgyz side took 5 min of passport scrutiny before stamping. No PCR or vaccine passport asked.

Worked all well, though know that the border crossing is pretty chaotic on both sides now, there's some road construction going on.

Marsrutkas worked on both sides. From Andijan main bus station to the border (0,5€~5000soms/person), and from the Kyrgyz side from the border to the Osh city center (100 Kyrgyz soms ~ 1€). Avoid the taxi drivers, they only try to mob you and fill you with misinformation.
1 x

Jennicita

Post by Jennicita »

Did this crossing yesterday 14th June. US passport and Australian passport.

Took train from Tashkent to Andijan (6 hours arriving 1.45pm),
Bus station is across the street and to the right about a 5 minute walk from Andijan station,
Got on a small bus going to Dostilk (written in Russian at front of bus). All seats were already taken and not much space for baggage so put our backpacks near the back seats on the floor and stood. Our smaller backpacks were offloaded and looked after by 2 ladies already seated (this seems to be common practice).
Dostlik was the last stop, you pay when you get off the bus telling the driver you got on it Andijan - 5000som per person.

Walk for about 5 minutes following the flow of people to get to the immigration to exit Uzbekistan. Lovely AC building, first put your bags through luggage scanner, then get in line at passport control where you might be pulled to the front of the queue. Border control didn't ask for hotel registrations, no bags searched, no photo checks. Just lots of flicking through passport pages before eventually stamping after a nervous 3 minutes.

Once out follow flow of people through no-mans land to the queue for Kyrgyzstan immigration. This part was messy. Actual immigration building is a little make-shift structure with most people waiting outside in a big messy crowd/queue. Queue was split loosely into women on the right, men on the left all jostling to get near the front while a border control person held back the crowd letting small groups of men and then women through to the actual passport control building. Pretty hectic and squished, and things got a little heated on the women's side as they got fed up of waiting. Luckily it was about 3.30pm and was in the shade. Elderly women and women with small children were shifted to the front of the line. Stood in this area for about 30 minutes. When I finally got near the front of the crowd the guard saw I was foreign and pulled me out to go to a different passport check window where they stamped me into Kyrgyzstan. Very friendly passport control person and a bit of passport flicking before stamping.

Walk another 2 minutes to come out where there's money exchange booths (fair rate). Guys asking if you need a taxi and ladies trying to sell you a SIM card. We didn't buy because our Beeline Sim from Uzbekistan was still working at this point. Yandex works so you can order a taxi through the app.
Taxi drivers trying to charge us 500som to go to Osh. Yandex rate was 146som. At the time we were there (local time 6pm - clocks change crossing the border) it was about 15 minute drive to Osh.

With the current state of the queues waiting for Kyrgyzstan immigration I'd strongly recommend avoiding midday heat in the summer as it would have been way worse with no shade. I'd suggest early morning or late afternoon.

Overall pretty painless border crossing (minus the squishy queue)
2 x

samsung

Post by samsung »

Travelled with KG/NO passport holders and KG plated Landcruiser.

Into UZ early July. Arrived border 1030. Close to 1h wait at KG side due to UZ customs procedures, allowing only a few cars at a time. Total time spent on UZ side almost 4h, for a a fun total of 5h. Some passengers had to leave the car and walk. Made for some more fun as we had to explain the contents of their bags. Dog into/thru the car. Human hands opening quite a few things. Paid some fine due to tinted windows. In addition we bought 3rd party insurance at a booth after border.

Back to KG after a week. Total 1h+ for whole corsiing. Also here had to split out passengers.
0 x

spud1976

Post by spud1976 »

Just crossed from Dostyk Crossing (Kyrgyzstan into Uzbekistan) today 9:30am on foot with Irish passports.

I did my research and was slightly worried about this crossing after reading others negative experiences. So the night before I had all my money counted and made a list of all my electrical items, also sadly had to delete my top 100 sexy Uzbek security personal in uniform which I had been collecting for several years.So I was ready, and wasn't going to get in trouble!!

Ordered a Yandex to the border for 130 krg som and despite my fears we (family of four) had completely crossed in 40 mins. The Kygystan side was easy, just a few people in the queue, smiling border staff, no issues. However, I think some changes must have recently taken place on The Uzbek side. The lines in the big room for passport control were carefully marshalled by a serious guy in aviators, all very orderly, he even spaced everyone out in the lines, no shoving, no queue jumping. But the most important thing was that there was no bag checking or customs forms AT ALL. Just a big empty customs area with a couple of guys lounging beside a scanner that they weren't even watching. No forms in sight, or even available, we just strolled through. I am now hoping that this doesn't come back to bite us when it is time to leave. They even had a red/amber/green voting switch to rate your experience at the Uzbek passport control, my son pressed the green button as we left and all the staff laughed.

After exiting we walked past the stalls and offers of shared taxis to Tashkent or Andijan. There was a scruffy car park on the right hand side after a bit with two buses and we got on the one for Andijan, 5000 Uzbeck som each, pay as you get off (boys at the back, girls at the front) which took about 40mins.

All surprisingly straight forward. Perhaps post-covid they have realised it might be wise to treat tourists a little nicer...

Update July 27th.... Leaving Uzbeck via train from Tashkent the only paperwork we were asked for was the 'registrations' for hotels and had a slight look in our bags. No other issues
2 x

icalle

Post by icalle »

Crossed this border today from Kyrgyzstan to Uzbekistan at 10 am. The whole thing took about 30 min, including the long passport check on the Uzbek side. They spent about 10 min just inspecting our passports. They had no questions to us, even about our plans in the country, but they were looking at every page, all the seams and every perforation of our Canadian passports as if they were fake lol

We took Yandex taxi from Osh to the border (140 som). There are a bunch of currency exchange booths on the Kyrgyz side, but the rate seemed to be low to exchange for UZ money, so we went ahead. On the Uzbek side, there's all the food, but no money changers. We went into one of the stores and the owner changed it for us at a much better rate (on KGZ side 1 KGZ = 78 UZ; on the UZ side, 1 KGZ = 115 UZ).
There was a bigger bus to take to Andijan, but it was super-hot and needed to go to Margilan. So we took a car for 140,000 (around $13 USD) for a two-hour drive. Yandex taxi showed 221,000 for that same route. We negotiated just for the two of us and to go directly to our hotel. After we started driving, the guy asked if he can pick up two more passengers on the road and I said no. He was kinda taken aback by my firmness and was trying to ask for more $$ then, but I reminded him that an agreement was made very clearly. Be firm with them.
Also, make sure you have not only the address of your hotel, but also offline/online instructions how to get there. Our driver had no idea how to navigate Margilan. I actually ended up taking his phone and teaching him how to use Yandex maps and the navigator 😂. Luckily everything is spelled in Latin letters in UZ.
0 x