Beshariq border crossing (Uzbekistan to Tajikistan, Fergana Valley)

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
mongrelfish

Re: Beshariq border crossing (Uzbekistan to Tajikistan, Fergana Valley)

Post by mongrelfish »

Hi everyone!

Any updates on whether this border is open or not?

Sat
0 x

destinationdutchland

Post by destinationdutchland »

Any updates on this border?
0 x

globetraveler

Post by globetraveler »

July 9th 2019. Serbian passport, from Konibodom to Kokand via this border. Uzbekistan visa free. On foot. Very simple and fast, 10min Tajik side, 10min Uzbek side. No Xray, no luggage check, no dumb questions (not any actually :D), nothing. Just stamps and welcome! There is a procedure for cars, it is slower. No cars on Uzbek side, just taxi drivers. Kokand is 50km away. I was lucky enough to wait for 20 min until taxi driver gave me a ride for free. :D BTW, in Uzbekistan no one knows literally what is hitchhiking. People do hitchhike, but everyone pay. So explain before enter the car.
1 x

Blindcapitals

Post by Blindcapitals »

Took a taxi from Kokand to the border for about $6-8 dollars (can't remember), whole car (was with a local beforehand though, who negotiated price), border was super easy, didn't even print my Tajik visa. Once through, a handful of taxi drivers, ended up paying either $15 or $25 for a whole car (again sorry, can't remember, hope it was the former) to Dushanbe. Only haggled down $5 because I was tired and it was getting dark/late.
0 x