Beshariq border crossing (Uzbekistan to Tajikistan, Fergana Valley)

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
MeliOwens

Re: Beshariq border crossing (Uzbekistan to Tajikistan, Fergana Valley)

Post by MeliOwens »

Hi! Just crossed this border (15 July, 2022, American passport) and all went fine in the end. Took marshutka 164 (not 114!) From Komibodon to the border, during the daytime plenty of taxis and such to Kokand/etc. I did have to wait about an hour and a half because there was some problem or other with my visa. I had been in Uzbekistan a few weeks ago and even tho I had a multiple entry visa, they still took issue with it and made a bunch of phonecalls. No one spoke English, only Russian and tajik/Uzbek. But i got through in the end :)
0 x

MeliOwens

Post by MeliOwens »

Also not sure about when it's open - i was told only 7 am to 7pm so i went midday
0 x

RollingTreeHouse

Post by RollingTreeHouse »

Crossed this border on an early afternoon from Tajikistan to Uzbekistan.
  • The marshrutka 164 feels more like a car rental shuttle at an American airport, slowly driving towards the border, dropping off customers until you might end up being the only one getting off right at the border gates. There was a marshrutka or two already waiting for traffic from the border to Konibodom when we arrived at the border.
  • There are money changers hanging out on the Tajik side, they have reasonable rates for TJS to UZS and they also want to sell you sum for USD but taxi drivers will gladly take you to an ATM to directly withdraw UZS. Did not see any money changers on the Uzbek side.
  • Both border procedures on went smoothly (multiple Westerners that did not require a visa for either country), quick and shallow luggage inspection after passing the scanners on both sides.
  • It seems that most of the traffic is in the mornings and evenings, during the day you might end up being at the behest of the few taxi drivers waiting for customers, haggling is tough, but being stubborn and waiting silently can yield more reasonable offers. You can also get a taxi directly to Andijan if desired.
  • The Tajik quarantine facilities (disinfection of cars, checking of PCR tests) seemed deserted, guess they don't check for test results despite officially requiring them.
2 x

elhabibi

Post by elhabibi »

Hey guys, any recent reports on PCR test verification on the Tajik side? Did anyone enter the country recently through this border point? Thank you!
0 x

cm2022

Post by cm2022 »

Different crossing, but I entered Tajikistan via the Oybek crossing about 3 weeks ago. No PCRs required, they didn't want to see a vaccine passport either.
1 x

elhabibi

Post by elhabibi »

cm2022 wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:00 pm
Different crossing, but I entered Tajikistan via the Oybek crossing about 3 weeks ago. No PCRs required, they didn't want to see a vaccine passport either.
Thank you, I can confirm from my today's experience absolutely no one was asked for PCR test at the Oybek border towards Tajikistan, even tho their official statement is that its required. :)
1 x

borekj

Post by borekj »

We crossed about a week ago. Hitched a ride from Qoqon to the border for free, absolutely no problems at the border (Czech passport holders), nobody has mentioned anything related to covid. Money hasslers only on Uzbek side, however marshrutka to Konibodom accepted UZS (5000 per person). There are ATMs in Konibodom.

However, our friends who crossed about 7pm were asked about covid test. They obviously didn't have any, but with vaccine certificate and some nice talk in Russian, they got through without need to do some at the border for money (which was initially required).
0 x

safwan

Post by safwan »

This border is open 24/7. I have crossed the border on August and they told me they are open 24 hours.
0 x

Poney

Post by Poney »

We cross the border today (12/09/22). We started from Khodjent at 8am and arrive in Osh at 5pm, it was really easy.

From Khodjent take the marchroutka (a lot of, included number 116) to the south bus station. There is a lot of shared taxi to Konibodum, it was 30 somomis per person, it took one hour approximately. In Konibodum the marchroutka 164 goes to the border for 3 somonis per person. In front of the border some guys change money on Tadjik side. It was really easy to cross customs.

In the ouzbek side, we have been quickly circled by taxi drivers. They asked 800 000 UZS (80€) to go to Kirgiz border. After bargain, they accept 500 000 UZS border to border, but it was too expensive. One guy was ready to drive to Andijan for 100 000 UZS per person but you had to wait other passengers. The BEST way is to take the damas marchroutka to Beshbarik (7000 UZS per person) and after take a shared taxi or a bus to Kokand. We paid 20 000 UZS to reach the good bus station Uchkuprik in the city (price to kokand center 15 000 UZS).
In the Uchkuprik bus station in Kokand, it's well organised, you can find bus to Andijan or shared taxi for 50 000 UZS per person, 1h30/2h drive to Andijan.
In Andijan (bus station in front of railway station andijan 1), there are buses to the border Dostyk or marchroutka N°777. You can take your ticket at the office (just next to good panecakes) and it cost 15 000 UZS per person. The mini bus goes when it's full, but you don't have to wait a lot.

At the Kirghiz border, the marchroutka cross also the border but stop just 1km after the border. There are money changer at the border in kirghiz side and just next to the parking where ended the minibus (in the left side of the main road). From there, marchroutka 138 goes to the city center of Osh, just wait in the side of the main road, it cost 15 KGS per person.

It was a long day road but very easy. The only problem were old women trying to by-pass the queue at the kirghiz customs without any problem ^^
2 x

icalle

Post by icalle »

We are in Kokand right now, will be crossing into Tajikistan in 2 days. Does anyone know where exactly in Kokand to get a shared taxi to the border/Besharyk?
0 x