Batken - Infos appreciated

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
painatal

Batken - Infos appreciated

Post by painatal »

Erm,

i posted this question in another post, but I just repeat myself for the sake of asking all my questions at once.

Is there cheap accommodation in town?
Does it (accommodation that is) have internet, or is there something like internet cafes or other possibilities to access internet for some hours?
Is there ATMs?
Is it nice there? :)

I'd be glad for some information.
Thank you in advance,
pai
0 x

painatal

Re: Batken - Infos appreciated

Post by painatal »

Hellu,

FYI

There is more than one ATM/ Bankomat in Batken.
No Info about internetcafés, but the hotel we stayed at had Wifi, so I guess others will too. Somebody on facebook from Batken mentioned that there is internet cafés, but no guarantee.

Our hotel was 40 Tajik som / night - bargained down from 1000 Kyrgyz som - less might be possible.

The bazar is cozy and people here seem quite nice, relaxed and helpful.

/edit

There is a lake nearby, towards the Tajik border, which you can visit by hitchhiking; a relic of ages past, its artificial, and shallow and good for beginners of the grand art of swimming :)
The town is rather small, famous for a very special flower growing (nearby in the mountains) only in three places on this lovely planet. Local rice is available! :)

/pai
2 x