Border Crossing Iran-Turkey: Esendere-Sero

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Border Crossing Iran-Turkey: Esendere-Sero

Postby steven » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:10 am

Please read and post reports on the border crossing between Turkey and Iran below.

We summarize all info on the Iran border crossings page.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

GiacomoLuppi

Border Crossing Iran-Turkey: Esendere-Sero

Postby GiacomoLuppi » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:58 am

I crossed this border the 9th of April, walking from Iran to Turkey. A Taxi from Oromyie to the border cost 300.000 IRR (7 USD), maybe I could bargain but the vehicle was in really bad conditions and the driver was so friendly, so maybe my money will help him in the maintenance of the car :)
The border looked busy with a lot of trucks and people carrying goods. As a foreigner they allowed me to skip all the queue. I think I was the first foreigners since a long time because in both sides they didn't know what to do. The guards in both sides told me politely to wait while they were calling some colleagues for asking the procedure. Bakcpack checked as usual, they weren't looking for something special, just curious about what a backpacker is carrying on his shoulders. In turkish side there are a lot of minibuses waiting for bringing people to the first town. Anyway I hitchhiked on the first truck that I met. Although it was the 9th of April there was snow in both sides, specially in Turkey the temperatures were bloody freezing. In the first turkish village I took a bus to Van for 6 USD
1 x