Border crossing by car

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
cami

Border crossing by car

Postby cami » Thu May 18, 2017 11:27 am

Hello everyone,

I have crossed Kazakhstan border several time by car but this time it will be a bit different, I need some advice...
We will enter Kazakhstan at border Astrakhan-Atyraou and go to Almaty after crossing Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan and later cross border from Kazakhstan at Oural-Saratov to go home.

Two of my friends don't have so much time and want someone else to drive their car to Atyraou and back to Europe from Almaty. Driver will fly back and owner will fly in at Atyraou and later for the way back the owner will fly back and driver fly in at Alamty.

What is the way and which are documents that I need to bring in the car to Kazakhstan and transfer in Kazakhstan the car from the driver to the owner and vice-versa ?

Thank you for your help

Cheers
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Border crossing by car

Postby steven » Tue May 23, 2017 12:37 pm

Hi cami, an oft-asked question, I personally have not found a good recent report yet from someone who did it. Please let us know how you did it!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D