Border crossings reports Georgia-Armenia

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
Napsju

Border crossings reports Georgia-Armenia

Postby Napsju » Mon May 19, 2014 9:55 pm

Hello :)

I noticed there are border crossings defined on this page http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/ in blue: "Not researched and updated" However, for two of them I have reports to be added:

1) Georgia-Armenia Sadakhlo / Baghratashen crossing
- 11-nov-2013 Open to foreigners. Into Armenia: No visa needed for Dutch national. Singaporean with prearranged printed E-Visa (US$10). No problems there. Our rental car from Tbilisi needed a special prearranged permit to be temporarily exported into Armenia. Ask the rental agency in advance. Cost: US$30. Car insurance is compulsory and must be bought at the border. Cost US$15 for 7 days. Smooth procedures, no bribes, all set in 30 minutes. Remember to retain all documents gathered at the border. You'll need it to bring the car back to Georgia. Bank and ATM at the Armenian side available.

2) Armenia-Georgia Bavra crossing
- 15-nov-2013 Open to foreigners. Into Georgia: No visa needed for Dutch and Singaporean nationals. Our Georgia licensed rental car needed to be cleared at some small building at the Armenia side. Cost: US$10. Smooth procedures, no bribes, all set in 30 minutes.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Border crossings reports Georgia-Armenia

Postby steven » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:26 pm

0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

QuentinT

Postby QuentinT » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:47 pm

Bavra crossing : The road is really difficult on the Georgian part for few km. It is rideable but it takes more time than usual. We were on bicycle and we rode at the same speed as trucks.
2 x

Graindum

Postby Graindum » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:36 am

We're a family with a van

Bavra crossing :
In the armenian side, we paid some 100€ of different taxes of ecology, road tax and some other I don't remember. And also insurrance which was 15 euros I think.

Gogavan crossing :
There is 13km of mud track after the border in the Georgian side. (but no queue at the border)
2 x