Travel in Chechnya & Dagestan: is it safe?

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
OWNER

Re: Travel in Chechnya & Dagestan: is it safe?

Post by OWNER »

Suba-Round-The-World wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:54 am
We were 3 months in Kyrgyzstan and I can say that there is the most corrupt police we ever met....
May I know what year this was?
0 x

Suba-Round-The-World

Post by Suba-Round-The-World »

OWNER wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:26 pm
Suba-Round-The-World wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:54 am
We were 3 months in Kyrgyzstan and I can say that there is the most corrupt police we ever met....
May I know what year this was?
It was 1 month last year 2023 in July/August and 2 months in December 2023/January 2024.
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

OWNER, if you want to doubt the personal experiences of others, please understand that other may also doubt yours. At any rate, it seems pretty normal for different people to have different experiences.
1 x

OWNER

Post by OWNER »

bwv812, if you are trying to teach others, please understand that others can also teach you. In any case, it is quite normal to be critical of any information, especially “hunting stories”.
0 x

sebhoff

Post by sebhoff »

Can we stop this now, please, and get back to exchanging relevant information?! ;-)
0 x

OWNER

Post by OWNER »

sebhoff wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:32 am
Can we ... get back to exchanging relevant information?! ;-)
With great pleasure! Do you have up-to-date information on this issue from yourself? This is very interesting to me, because I imagine traveling around the North Caucasus this summer by car from Almaty. I was closest to the specified region in October 2022 (Krasnodar, Stavropol, Elista, Astrakhan). As I already wrote, I didn’t have any problems. It would be interesting to know your personal experience on this issue.
0 x