Overland from Kyrgyzstan - via China - to Nepal

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
Dianne

Overland from Kyrgyzstan - via China - to Nepal

Postby Dianne » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:02 am

My boyfriend and I are planning an overland trip from the Netherlands to Nepal this year. At the moment we have the following route in mind: Europe, Turkey, Iran, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tadzjikistan, Kyrgyzstan, china, Nepal. We are exploring options to travel via China, but it hard to find a not-too-expensive way. Our question is: What is the best way to organise this part of the trip, without having to pay a lot of money? Do you know people who travelled this way? Do you have connections in China? Is there a possibility to drive with a group of cars, so we can share the costs?

I am looking forward to your respons.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Overland from Kyrgyzstan - via China - to Nepal

Postby steven » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:56 am

Hi Dianne,

check out our China travel sharing forum where other people with a similar issue are posting their routes to find likeminded travellers to share the costs of the tour.

viewforum.php?f=30
0 x
I read the forum every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Dianne

Postby Dianne » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:41 pm

Thank you!
1 x

jill

Postby jill » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:23 pm

Hi there, Not sure if this will help you but I spoke to the lady we work with in China this week ( for over-landing with our own vehicle)and she told me the Zangmu border is still closed since the bad earthquake.
If you would like her details and the company please PM me.
1 x